Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GATA4 (phospho S105)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GATA4 (phospho S105) antibody
See all GATA4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GATA4 (phospho S105)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) derived from a region of GATA 4 that contains serine 105.
- Phenylephrine (PE)-stimulated rat cardiomyocytes, transfected with mouse GATA 4.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
BSA is IgG and protease free
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated tau. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a tau-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at serine 404.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5245 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).|
FunctionTranscriptional activator that binds to the consensus sequence 5'-AGATAG-3' and plays a key role in cardiac development (PubMed:24000169). Involved in bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-mediated induction of cardiac-specific gene expression (By similarity). Binds to BMP response element (BMPRE) DNA sequences within cardiac activating regions (By similarity). Acts as a transcriptional activator of ANF in cooperation with NKX2-5 (By similarity). Promotes cardiac myocyte enlargement (PubMed:20081228). Required during testicular development (PubMed:21220346). May play a role in sphingolipid signaling by regulating the expression of sphingosine-1-phosphate degrading enzyme, spingosine-1-phosphate lyase (PubMed:15734735).
Involvement in diseaseAtrial septal defect 2
Ventricular septal defect 1
Tetralogy of Fallot
Atrioventricular septal defect 4
Testicular anomalies with or without congenital heart disease
GATA4 mutations can predispose to dilated cardiomyopathy (CMD), a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 GATA-type zinc fingers.
modificationsMethylation at Lys-300 attenuates transcriptional activity.
- Information by UniProt
- ASD2 antibody
- GATA 4 antibody
- GATA binding protein 4 antibody
Extracts prepared from cardiomyocytes overexpressing wild-type GATA-4 (1-4 from left to right) stimulated with phenylephrine (PE) for 24 hours were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 10% polyacrylamide gel and transferred to PVDF. Membranes were blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer overnight at 4°C, then were incubated with 0.35
µg/mL ab5245 for two hours at room temperature in a 3% BSA-TBST buffer, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1), the non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the immunogen (2), a generic phosphoserine-containing peptide (3), or, the phosphopeptide immunogen (4). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’)2 anti-rabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase and signals were detected using the Tropix WesternStar method. The data show that only the peptide corresponding to GATA-4 [pS105] blocks the antibody signal, and that the S105A mutant does not react, thereby demonstrating the specificity of the antibody.
Extracts prepared from cardiomyocytes o
ab5245 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Li T et al. The status of MAPK cascades contributes to the induction and activation of Gata4 and Nkx2.5 during the stepwise process of cardiac differentiation. Cell Signal 54:17-26 (2019). PubMed: 30471465
- Xu H et al. GATA-4 regulates neuronal apoptosis after intracerebral hemorrhage via the NF-?B/Bax/Caspase-3 pathway both in vivo and in vitro. Exp Neurol 315:21-31 (2019). PubMed: 30710529
- Huang Z et al. Regulator of G Protein Signaling 6 Facilities Cardiac Hypertrophy by Activating Apoptosis Signal-Regulating Kinase 1-P38/c-JUN N-Terminal Kinase 1/2 Signaling. J Am Heart Assoc 7:e009179 (2018). PubMed: 30371330
- Appari M et al. C1q-TNF-Related Protein-9 Promotes Cardiac Hypertrophy and Failure. Circ Res 120:66-77 (2017). PubMed: 27821723
- Tae HJ et al. G protein, phosphorylated-GATA4 and VEGF expression in the hearts of transgenic mice overexpressing ß1- and ß2-adrenergic receptors. Mol Med Rep 15:4049-4054 (2017). PubMed: 28487987