Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR8285] to GBP1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-GBP1 antibody [EPR8285]
See all GBP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8285] to GBP1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human GBP1 aa 550-650. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa cell lysates (with and without treatment with IFN gamma; Human spleen tissue; IFN gamma induced HeLa cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 2.00 x 10 -12 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131255 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 68 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionBinds GTP, GDP and GMP.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GBP family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GBP 1 antibody
- GBP-1 antibody
- GBP1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-GBP1 antibody [EPR8285] (ab131255) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate, treated with IFN gamma
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled Goat anti Rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 68 kDa
Immunofluorescent analysis of IFN-gamma induced HeLa cells labelling GBP1 with ab131255 antibody at 1/100 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded Human spleen tissue labelling GBP1 with ab131255 antibody at 1/50 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab131255 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhao J et al. Oncogenic Role of Guanylate Binding Protein 1 in Human Prostate Cancer. Front Oncol 9:1494 (2019). PubMed: 31998647
- Halu A et al. Context-enriched interactome powered by proteomics helps the identification of novel regulators of macrophage activation. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30303482
- Piro AS et al. Detection of CytosolicShigella flexnerivia a C-Terminal Triple-Arginine Motif of GBP1 Inhibits Actin-Based Motility. MBio 8:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29233899
- Zou Z et al. Guanylate-Binding Protein 1 Inhibits Nuclear Delivery of Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Virions by Disrupting Formation of Actin Filament. J Virol 91:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28592529