Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GC-1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GC-1 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GC-1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human GC-1 aa 1-323.
- 293T, A431, H1299, HeLa, HepG2, MOLT4, Raji cell lysates. Mouse brain; A431 cells; OVCAR3 xenograft tissue
Previously labelled as SLC25A22.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137614 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionInvolved in the transport of glutamate across the inner mitochondrial membrane. Glutamate is cotransported with H(+).
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in most tissues.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC25A22 are the cause of epileptic encephalopathy early infantile type 3 (EIEE3) [MIM:609304]; also known as early myoclonic encephalopathy (EME) or neonatal epilepsy with suppression-burst pattern. Severe neonatal epilepsies with suppression-burst pattern are early-onset epileptic syndromes characterized by a typical EEG pattern. The suppression-burst pattern of the EEG is characterized by higher-voltage bursts of slow waves mixed with multifocal spikes alternating with isoelectric suppression phases. EME is characterized by a very early onset, erratic and fragmentary myoclonus, massive myoclonus, partial motor seizures and late tonic spasms. The prognosis of EME is poor, with no effective treatment, and children with the condition either die within 1 to 2 years after birth or survive in a persistent vegetative state. EME inheritance is autosomal recessive.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mitochondrial carrier family.
Contains 3 Solcar repeats.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GC 1 antibody
- GC-1 antibody
- GC1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-GC-1 antibody (ab137614) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : H1299 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
10% SDS PAGE
Anti-GC-1 antibody (ab137614) at 1/10000 dilution + Mouse brain whole cell lysate at 20 µg
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
10% SDS PAGE
ab137614 at 1/200 dilution staining GC-1 in paraformaldehyde fixed A431 cells by Immunofluorescence. Lower image merged with DNA probe.
ab137614 at 1/500 dilution, staining GC-1 in paraffin embedded OVCAR3 xenograft tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab137614 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Kang Y et al. Function of hTim8a in complex IV assembly in neuronal cells provides insight into pathomechanism underlying Mohr-Tranebjærg syndrome. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31682224
- Chen MW & Wu XJ SLC25A22 Promotes Proliferation and Metastasis of Osteosarcoma Cells via the PTEN Signaling Pathway. Technol Cancer Res Treat 17:1533033818811143 (2018). PubMed: 30482097
- Kang Y et al. Sengers Syndrome-Associated Mitochondrial Acylglycerol Kinase Is a Subunit of the Human TIM22 Protein Import Complex. Mol Cell 67:457-470.e5 (2017). PubMed: 28712726
- Kang Y et al. Tim29 is a novel subunit of the human TIM22 translocase and is involved in complex assembly and stability. Elife 5:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27554484