Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [RAM341] to GCET1
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-GCET1 antibody [RAM341]
See all GCET1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [RAM341] to GCET1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-Fr
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human GCET1.
- IHC-P: Human Burkitt's Lymphoma, Follicular B Cell Lymphoma, Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma and Lymphocyte Predominant Hodgkin's Lymphoma tissue. Human tonsil tissue. WB: Transfected cell lines.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThis antibody was purified using a AKTA prime.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68889 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100. Detects a band of approximately 46 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
FunctionProtease inhibitor that inhibits trypsin and trypsin-like serine proteases (in vitro). Inhibits plasmin and thrombin with lower efficiency (in vitro).
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in normal germinal center (GC) B-cells and GC B-cell-derived malignancies.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm; Secreted and Membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Centerin antibody
- GCET1 antibody
- Germinal center B cell expressed transcript 1 antibody
Ab68889 staining human GCET1 in Burkitt's Lymphoma (A), Follicular B Cell Lymphoma (B), Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (C) and Lymphocyte Predominant Hodgkin's Lymphoma (D) by immunohistochemistry using formalin fixed, paraffin embedded tissue.
IHC image of GCET1 staining in human tonsil formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section*, performed on a Leica Bond™ system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab68889, 10µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
Western blot results of GCET1 from transfected cell lines. The first two lanes demonstrate the specificity of ab68889 (1:100) on lysates of transfected HEK-GCET1 cell lines. A 46kDa band specific to the GCET1 protein was observed in GC-DLBCL (SUDHL4 and SUDHL6) and some other DLBCL (KARPAS 422, DB and HT). The GCET1 protein was not present in a subset of DLBCL (MHHPREB1, DOHH2).
The top bands show the GCET1 protein, whereas the bottom bands are GAPDH, used as a reference.
Ab68889 staining human GCET1 in human tonsil by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
ab68889 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Perfecto-Avalos Y et al. Discriminant analysis and machine learning approach for evaluating and improving the performance of immunohistochemical algorithms for COO classification of DLBCL. J Transl Med 17:198 (2019). PubMed: 31185999
- Tessier-Cloutier B et al. Cell of origin in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in systemic lupus erythematosus: molecular and clinical factors associated with survival. Lupus Sci Med 6:e000324 (2019). PubMed: 31205728
- Boltežar L et al. Comparison of the algorithms classifying the ABC and GCB subtypes in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Oncol Lett 15:6903-6912 (2018). PubMed: 29731865
- Lu TX et al. Epstein-Barr virus positive diffuse large B-cell lymphoma predict poor outcome, regardless of the age. Sci Rep 5:12168 (2015). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 26202875
- Tzankov A et al. Multiparameter analysis of homogeneously R-CHOP-treated diffuse large B cell lymphomas identifies CD5 and FOXP1 as relevant prognostic biomarkers: report of the prospective SAKK 38/07 study. J Hematol Oncol 8:70 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 26071053
- Xie Y et al. p53 expression is a strong marker of inferior survival in de novo diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and may have enhanced negative effect with MYC coexpression: a single institutional clinicopathologic study. Am J Clin Pathol 141:593-604 (2014). Human . PubMed: 24619762
- Tan LH & Tan SY Aberrant immunoarchitecture distinguishes hyperplastic germinal centres in pattern 1 angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma from reactive follicles. Hematol Oncol 32:145-54 (2014). Human . PubMed: 24254640
- Rossi D et al. Molecular history of Richter syndrome: origin from a cell already present at the time of chronic lymphocytic leukemia diagnosis. Int J Cancer 130:3006-10 (2012). PubMed: 21796624
- Sebestyén A et al. Activity and complexes of mTOR in diffuse large B-cell lymphomas-a tissue microarray study. Mod Pathol : (2012). PubMed: 22899290
- Montes-Moreno S et al. Gcet1 (centerin), a highly restricted marker for a subset of germinal center-derived lymphomas. Blood 111:351-8 (2008). PubMed: 17898315