Product nameAnti-GCLC antibody
See all GCLC primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GCLC
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human GCLC aa 50-150 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Human Tissue Lysates: Liver, Kidney and Lung (Adenocarcinoma). This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human lung adenocarcinoma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41463 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 73 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa).|
PathwaySulfur metabolism; glutathione biosynthesis; glutathione from L-cysteine and L-glutamate: step 1/2.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GCLC are the cause of hemolytic anemia (HAGGSD) [MIM:230450].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutamate--cysteine ligase type 3 family.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibody
- Gamma ECS antibody
- Gamma glutamylcysteine synthetase antibody
All lanes : Anti-GCLC antibody (ab41463) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Human lung tissue lysate (adenocarcinoma) - insoluble fraction (female, 80 years) (ab42923)
Lane 3 : Human kidney tissue lysate - total protein (ab30203)
Lane 4 : Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 73 kDa
Observed band size: 73 kDa
Additional bands at: 58 kDa, 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
This product has been referenced in:
- Song CH et al. Effects of 17ß-estradiol on colorectal cancer development after azoxymethane/dextran sulfate sodium treatment of ovariectomized mice. Biochem Pharmacol 164:139-151 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30981879) »
- Cho SS et al. Cudrania Tricuspidata Extract and Its Major Constituents Inhibit Oxidative Stress-Induced Liver Injury. J Med Food 22:602-613 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 31045470) »