Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GCLC
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GCLC antibody
See all GCLC primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GCLC
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human GCLC aa 50-150 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Human Tissue Lysates: Liver, Kidney and Lung (Adenocarcinoma). This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human lung adenocarcinoma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41463 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 73 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa).|
PathwaySulfur metabolism; glutathione biosynthesis; glutathione from L-cysteine and L-glutamate: step 1/2.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GCLC are the cause of hemolytic anemia (HAGGSD) [MIM:230450].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutamate--cysteine ligase type 3 family.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibody
- Gamma ECS antibody
- Gamma glutamylcysteine synthetase antibody
All lanes : Anti-GCLC antibody (ab41463) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Human lung tissue lysate (adenocarcinoma) - insoluble fraction (female, 80 years) (ab42923)
Lane 3 : Human kidney tissue lysate - total protein (ab30203)
Lane 4 : Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 73 kDa
Observed band size: 73 kDa
Additional bands at: 58 kDa, 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab41463 has been referenced in 21 publications.
- Song CH et al. Effects of 17ß-estradiol on colorectal cancer development after azoxymethane/dextran sulfate sodium treatment of ovariectomized mice. Biochem Pharmacol 164:139-151 (2019). PubMed: 30981879
- Cho SS et al. Cudrania Tricuspidata Extract and Its Major Constituents Inhibit Oxidative Stress-Induced Liver Injury. J Med Food 22:602-613 (2019). PubMed: 31045470
- Pérez S et al. Obesity causes PGC-1a deficiency in the pancreas leading to marked IL-6 upregulation via NF-?B in acute pancreatitis. J Pathol 247:48-59 (2019). PubMed: 30221360
- Shanmugam G et al. Exercise Mediated Nrf2 Signaling Protects the Myocardium From Isoproterenol-Induced Pathological Remodeling. Front Cardiovasc Med 6:68 (2019). PubMed: 31245386
- Shanmugam G et al. Constitutive activation of Nrf2 induces a stable reductive state in the mouse myocardium. Redox Biol 12:937-945 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28482326