Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GCLC
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GCLC antibody
See all GCLC primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GCLC
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide within Rat GCLC aa 250-350 (internal sequence). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P48506
- IHC-P: Human testis tissue. WB: Kidney lysate
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAffinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53179 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
PathwaySulfur metabolism; glutathione biosynthesis; glutathione from L-cysteine and L-glutamate: step 1/2.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GCLC are the cause of hemolytic anemia (HAGGSD) [MIM:230450].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutamate--cysteine ligase type 3 family.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 220.127.116.11 antibody
- Gamma ECS antibody
- Gamma glutamylcysteine synthetase antibody
ab53179 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Zheng X et al. Time-course effects of antioxidants and phase II enzymes on diesel exhaust particles-induced oxidative damage in the mouse lung. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 366:25-34 (2019). PubMed: 30641076
- Zhu L et al. Activation of Nrf2 signaling by Icariin protects against 6-OHDA-induced neurotoxicity. Biotechnol Appl Biochem N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30892727
- Kshattry S et al. Enzyme-mediated depletion of l-cyst(e)ine synergizes with thioredoxin reductase inhibition for suppression of pancreatic tumor growth. NPJ Precis Oncol 3:16 (2019). PubMed: 31231686
- Shi X & Fu L Piceatannol inhibits oxidative stress through modification of Nrf2-signaling pathway in testes and attenuates spermatogenesis and steroidogenesis in rats exposed to cadmium during adulthood. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:2811-2824 (2019). PubMed: 31496657
- Piccinin E et al. PGC-1ß Induces Susceptibility To Acetaminophen-Driven Acute Liver Failure. Sci Rep 9:16821 (2019). PubMed: 31727907