Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GDF8 / Myostatin
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GDF8 / Myostatin antibody
See all GDF8 / Myostatin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GDF8 / Myostatin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Skeletal Muscle (Mouse) Whole Cell Lysate (ab3869) can be used as a positive control in WB. Mouse small intestine and rat heart tissues; Mouse skeletal muscle, Human muscle and C2C12 lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.01% BSA, 50% Glycerol
Aqueous buffered solution.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab203076 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.
(or 1/50 - 1/200 using a fluorescent secondary antibody).
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa.|
FunctionActs specifically as a negative regulator of skeletal muscle growth.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
- Information by UniProt
- GDF 8 antibody
- GDF-8 antibody
- GDF8 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Mouse small intestine tissue labeling GDF8 / Myostatin with ab203076 at 1/200 dilution, followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Rat heart tissue labeling GDF8 / Myostatin with ab203076 at 1/200 dilution, followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining.
Anti-GDF8 / Myostatin antibody (ab203076) at 1/200 dilution (overnight at 4°C) + Mouse skeletal muscle lysate
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG Antibody (H+L), HRP Conjugated (90 min at 37°C) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Observed band size: 43 kDa
All lanes : Anti-GDF8 / Myostatin antibody (ab203076) at 1/1000 dilution (overnight at 4°C)
Lanes 1-2 : Human muscle lysates
Lanes 3-4 : C2C12 cell lysates
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
ab203076 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Hong Y et al. Amelioration of muscle wasting by glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist in muscle atrophy. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31020810
- Choi H et al. Anti-Aging Effects of Schisandrae chinensis Fructus Extract: Improvement of Insulin Sensitivity and Muscle Function in Aged Mice. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2019:5642149 (2019). PubMed: 31781273
- Adhikary S et al. FGF-2 targets sclerostin in bone and myostatin in skeletal muscle to mitigate the deleterious effects of glucocorticoid on musculoskeletal degradation. Life Sci 229:261-276 (2019). PubMed: 31082400
- Xie Y et al. Glucocorticoid-induced CREB activation and myostatin expression in C2C12 myotubes involves phosphodiesterase-3/4 signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 503:1409-1414 (2018). PubMed: 30025893