Product nameAnti-GDNF antibody [EPR2714(N)]
See all GDNF primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2714(N)] to GDNF
SpecificityGDNF homodimerizes and has 5 isoforms along with a signal and propeptide, so there is a potential for multiple bands in western blot.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human GDNF aa 50-150 (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P39905
- SH-SY5Y and HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900), SH-SY5Y cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab176564 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.
GDNF homodimerizes and has 5 isoforms along with a signal and propeptide, so there is a potential for multiple bands in western blot.
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionNeurotrophic factor that enhances survival and morphological differentiation of dopaminergic neurons and increases their high-affinity dopamine uptake.
Tissue specificityIn the brain, predominantly expressed in the striatum with highest levels in the caudate and lowest in the putamen.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GDNF may be a cause of Hirschsprung disease (HSCR) [MIM:142623]. In association with mutations of RET gene, defects in GDNF may be involved in Hirschsprung disease. This genetic disorder of neural crest development is characterized by the absence of intramural ganglion cells in the hindgut, often resulting in intestinal obstruction.
Defects in GDNF are a cause of congenital central hypoventilation syndrome (CCHS) [MIM:209880]; also known as congenital failure of autonomic control or Ondine curse. CCHS is a rare disorder characterized by abnormal control of respiration in the absence of neuromuscular or lung disease, or an identifiable brain stem lesion. A deficiency in autonomic control of respiration results in inadequate or negligible ventilatory and arousal responses to hypercapnia and hypoxemia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family. GDNF subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- Astrocyte derived trophic factor antibody
- Astrocyte derived trophic factor 1 antibody
- Astrocyte-derived trophic factor antibody
All lanes : Anti-GDNF antibody [EPR2714(N)] (ab176564) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Flow cytometry analysis of permeabilized SH-SY5Y cells labeling GDNF (red) with ab176564 at a 1/10 dilution, or negative control rabbit IgG (green)
ab176564 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Wang S et al. GDNFOS1 knockdown decreases the invasion and viability of glioblastoma cells. Exp Ther Med 18:1315-1322 (2019). PubMed: 31316623
- Wang G et al. Age-Associated Dopaminergic Neuron Loss and Midbrain Glia Cell Phenotypic Polarization. Neuroscience 415:89-96 (2019). PubMed: 31325563
- Zhang YP et al. Mifepristone attenuates depression-like changes induced by chronic central administration of interleukin-1ß in rats. Behav Brain Res 347:436-445 (2018). PubMed: 29580890
- Zhong F et al. LncRNA NEAT1 promotes colorectal cancer cell proliferation and migration via regulating glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor by sponging miR-196a-5p. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 50:1190-1199 (2018). PubMed: 30383193
- Jia C et al. Protective effect of compound Danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza) dripping pills alone and in combination with carbamazepine on kainic acid-induced temporal lobe epilepsy and cognitive impairment in rats. Pharm Biol 56:217-224 (2018). PubMed: 29560767
- Di G et al. Corneal Epithelium-Derived Neurotrophic Factors Promote Nerve Regeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 58:4695-4702 (2017). PubMed: 28910445
- Guo J et al. Promoting potential of adipose derived stem cells on peripheral nerve regeneration. Mol Med Rep 16:7297-7304 (2017). PubMed: 28944869