Key features and details
- Orally active, potent, selective EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor
- CAS Number: 184475-35-2
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameGefitinib, EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor
DescriptionOrally active, potent, selective EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor
- ZD 1839
Orally active, potent, selective EGFR (Epidermal growth factor receptor) tyrosine kinase inhibitor (IC50 = 33 nM). Inhibits EGF-stimulated EGFR autophosphorylation and inhibits tumor growth in vivo. Enhances efficacy of cytotoxic agents. Inhibits growth factor production and angiogenesis. Clinically useful anticancer agent.
Storage instructionsShipped at Room Temperature. Store at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142052 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Gan CJ et al. EGF receptor inhibitors comprehensively suppress hepatitis B virus by downregulation of STAT3 phosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Rep 22:100763 (2020). PubMed: 32322693
- Devaraj V & Bose B Morphological State Transition Dynamics in EGF-Induced Epithelial to Mesenchymal Transition. J Clin Med 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31247884