Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR1941Y] to Gelsolin plasma
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Gelsolin plasma antibody [EPR1941Y]
See all Gelsolin plasma primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR1941Y] to Gelsolin plasma
SpecificityThe antibody only detects the isoform 1 of the protein (86kDa).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Gelsolin plasma aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P06396-1
- Human plasma
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75832 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/25000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 86 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
RelevanceGelsolin is a calcium regulated, actin modulating protein that binds to the plus (or barbed) ends of actin monomers or filaments, preventing monomer exchange (end blocking or capping). It can promote the assembly of monomers into filaments (nucleation) as well as sever filaments already formed. It plays a role in phosphoinositide mediated disassembly of actin filaments in Sertoli cell adhesion complexes; it may regulate sperm release and turnover of the blood testis barrier [RGD], and severs actin filaments in the presence of submicromolar calcium, thereby solating cytoplasmic actin gels. A calcium independent mechanism reverses the process. Northern blot analysis suggested that a single gene encodes both cell and plasma gelsolins. This protein may be unique in that it is made for both secretion and intracytoplasmic location.
- Actin depolymerizing factor antibody
- ADF antibody
- AGEL antibody
Lanes 1-4 : Anti-Gelsolin plasma antibody [EPR1941Y] (ab75832) at 1/10000 dilution
Lanes 5-8 : Anti-Gelsolin antibody [EPR1942] (ab109014) at 1/20000 dilution
Lanes 9-12 : Anti-Gelsolin antibody [EP1940Y] (ab134183) at 1/10000 dilution
Lanes 1 & 5 & 9 : THP-1 (human acute monocytic leukemia) whole cell lysate
Lanes 2 & 6 & 10 : THP-1 cultured medium
Lanes 3 & 7 & 11 : MCF-7 (human breast adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysate
Lanes 4 & 8 & 12 : Human Plasma
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 86 kDa
Observed band size: 81/86 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 10 seconds
Bloking buffer 5% NFDM/TBST
Diluting buffer 5% NFDM/TBST
The secretory isoform of gelsolin is at 86kDa. The cytoplasmic isoforms of gelsolin are at 81kDa. Lane 5-8: ab109014 detected both secretory and cytoplasmic isoforms. Lane 9-12: ab134183 detected both secretory and cytoplasmic isoforms.
Anti-Gelsolin plasma antibody [EPR1941Y] (ab75832) at 1/50000 dilution + human plasma at 10 µg
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 86 kDa
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab75832 Immunoprecipitating Gelsolin plasma in mouse embryo whole cell lysate. 2µg of capture antibody (ab75832) per 0.35mg of lysate was used. 10µg of plasma was incubated with primary antibody (Panel A: ab75832, Panel B: ab134183) at a dilution of 1/1000 and VeriBlot for IP Detection Reagent (HRP) ab131366 was used for detection at a dilution of 1/10000.
Lane 1: Human plasma
Lane 2: Human plasma
Lane 3: Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab75832 in Human plasma.
Exposure time: Panel A - 8 seconds, Panel B - 3 minutes.
Blocking and dilution buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
The additional band at 50 kDa is a rabbit IgG heavy chain.
ab75832 at 1/100 dilution staining Gelsolin plasma in human colon tissue, using a HRP/AP polymerized secondary antibody.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab75832 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Malty RH et al. A Map of Human Mitochondrial Protein Interactions Linked to Neurodegeneration Reveals New Mechanisms of Redox Homeostasis and NF-?B Signaling. Cell Syst 5:564-577.e12 (2017). PubMed: 29128334
- Suhara K et al. Fragmented gelsolins are increased in rheumatoid arthritis-associated interstitial lung disease with usual interstitial pneumonia pattern. Allergol Int 65:88-95 (2016). PubMed: 26666486
- Hashimoto K et al. The potential of neurotensin secreted from neuroendocrine tumor cells to promote gelsolin-mediated invasiveness of prostate adenocarcinoma cells. Lab Invest 95:283-95 (2015). PubMed: 25581609
- Polioudakis D et al. MiR-191 Regulates Primary Human Fibroblast Proliferation and Directly Targets Multiple Oncogenes. PLoS One 10:e0126535 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25992613
- Griffoni C et al. Modification of proteins secreted by endothelial cells during modeled low gravity exposure. J Cell Biochem 112:265-72 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21069737
- Welander H et al. Gelsolin co-occurs with Lewy bodies in vivo and accelerates a-synuclein aggregation in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 412:32-8 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 21798243