Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Gemin 4
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Gemin 4 antibody
See all Gemin 4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Gemin 4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow
- ab31581 gave a positive result in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line), Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line), A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line), HEK 293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line), MCF-7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line), SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31581 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 120 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
RelevanceGEMIN 4 is part of the SMN complex and plays an essential role in spliceosomal snRNP assembly in the cytoplasm. It is required for pre mRNA splicing in the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and nuclear.
- Component of gems 4 antibody
- Gem associated protein 4 antibody
- HC56 antibody
- HHRF 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Gemin 4 antibody (ab31581) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
Lane 3 :
A431 whole cell lysate (ab7909)
Lane 4 :
HEK293 whole cell lysate (ab7902)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/15000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 120 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ICC/IF image of ab31581 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in TBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab31581, 5µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab31581 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Bhat R et al. Nuclear repartitioning of galectin-1 by an extracellular glycan switch regulates mammary morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:E4820-7 (2016). PubMed: 27496330
- Vartanian S et al. Application of Mass Spectrometry Profiling to Establish Brusatol as an Inhibitor of Global Protein Synthesis. Mol Cell Proteomics 15:1220-31 (2016). PubMed: 26711467