- References (3)
Product nameGenistein, Protein tyrosine kinase inhibitor
DescriptionProtein tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Anticancer agent.
Biological descriptionPhytoestrogen found in soy beans. Anticancer agent. Inihibits tyrosine protein kinase and DNA topoisomerase as well as possessing antioxidant and cell cycle inhibitor activity. Endocytosis inhibitor.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Receptors & Transporters
- Enzyme-Linked Receptors
- Receptor tyrosine kinases
This product has been referenced in:
- dos Santos T et al. Effects of transport inhibitors on the cellular uptake of carboxylated polystyrene nanoparticles in different cell lines. PLoS One 6:e24438 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21949717) »
- Dixon RA & Ferreira D Genistein. Phytochemistry 60:205-11 (2002). Read more (PubMed: 12031439) »
- Sarkar FH & Li Y Mechanisms of cancer chemoprevention by soy isoflavone genistein. Cancer Metastasis Rev 21:265-80 (2002). Read more (PubMed: 12549765) »
- Akiyama T et al. Genistein, a specific inhibitor of tyrosine-specific protein kinases. J Biol Chem 262:5592-5 (1987). Read more (PubMed: 3106339) »