Product nameAnti-GFI1 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GFI1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Dog, Xenopus laevis
- THP1 (Human acute monocytic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7913)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21061 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 49 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa).|
FunctionTranscription factor regulating the expression of genes active during S-phase of the cell cycle in hematopoietic cells. Represses ELA2 transcription.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GFI1 are a cause of neutropenia severe congenital autosomal dominant type 2 (SCN2) [MIM:613107]. SCN2 is a disorder of hematopoiesis characterized by a maturation arrest of granulopoiesis at the level of promyelocytes with peripheral blood absolute neutrophil counts below 0.5 x 10(9)/l and early onset of severe bacterial infections.
Defects in GFI1 are a cause of dominant nonimmune chronic idiopathic neutropenia of adults (NI-CINA) [MIM:607847]. NI-CINA is a relatively mild form of neutropenia diagnosed in adults, but predisposing to leukemia in a subset of patients.
Sequence similaritiesContains 6 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
DomainThe Gly/Ala-rich region may indicate that Gfi-1 is a repressor of its target genes.
- Information by UniProt
- GFI 1 antibody
- GFI1 antibody
- GFI1_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-GFI1 antibody (ab21061) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
THP1 whole cell lysate (ab7913)
Lane 2 :
THP1 whole cell lysate (ab7913) with Human GFI1 peptide (ab22461) at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 680)
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 49 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 36 kDa (possible cleavage fragment), 36 kDa (possible cross reactivity)
ab21061 detects a band of ~49kDa which is similar to the expected size of GFI1 (45kDa). This band is competed away by incubation with the immunizing peptide. A smaller band (~36kDa) is seen that may correspond to a crossreacting peptide or to a degradation product, as it is also competed away by addition of the immunizing peptide.
ab21061 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Weiss CN & Ito K microRNA-22 promotes megakaryocyte differentiation through repression of its target, GFI1. Blood Adv 3:33-46 (2019). PubMed: 30617215
- Lee C et al. Lsd1 as a therapeutic target in Gfi1-activated medulloblastoma. Nat Commun 10:332 (2019). PubMed: 30659187
- Adamik J et al. XRK3F2 Inhibition of p62-ZZ Domain Signaling Rescues Myeloma-Induced GFI1-Driven Epigenetic Repression of the Runx2 Gene in Pre-osteoblasts to Overcome Differentiation Suppression. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 9:344 (2018). PubMed: 30008697
- Collombet S et al. Logical modeling of lymphoid and myeloid cell specification and transdifferentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:5792-5799 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28584084
- Moignard V et al. Characterization of transcriptional networks in blood stem and progenitor cells using high-throughput single-cell gene expression analysis. Nat Cell Biol 15:363-72 (2013). PubMed: 23524953
- Khandanpour C et al. The human GFI136N variant induces epigenetic changes at the Hoxa9 locus and accelerates K-RAS driven myeloproliferative disorder in mice. Blood 120:4006-17 (2012). Mouse . PubMed: 22932805
- D'Souza S et al. Gfi1 expressed in bone marrow stromal cells is a novel osteoblast suppressor in patients with multiple myeloma bone disease. Blood 118:6871-80 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22042697
- Dabrowska MJ et al. Loss of MicroRNA targets in the 3' untranslated region as a mechanism of retroviral insertional activation of growth factor independence 1. J Virol 83:8051-61 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19474094