Product nameGFI1 peptide
See all GFI1 proteins and peptides
Purity90 % n/a.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab222418 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-GFI1 antibody (ab21061)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
- GFI 1
FunctionTranscription factor regulating the expression of genes active during S-phase of the cell cycle in hematopoietic cells. Represses ELA2 transcription.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GFI1 are a cause of neutropenia severe congenital autosomal dominant type 2 (SCN2) [MIM:613107]. SCN2 is a disorder of hematopoiesis characterized by a maturation arrest of granulopoiesis at the level of promyelocytes with peripheral blood absolute neutrophil counts below 0.5 x 10(9)/l and early onset of severe bacterial infections.
Defects in GFI1 are a cause of dominant nonimmune chronic idiopathic neutropenia of adults (NI-CINA) [MIM:607847]. NI-CINA is a relatively mild form of neutropenia diagnosed in adults, but predisposing to leukemia in a subset of patients.
Sequence similaritiesContains 6 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
DomainThe Gly/Ala-rich region may indicate that Gfi-1 is a repressor of its target genes.
- Information by UniProt
ab222418 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.