Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GFPT1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GFPT1 antibody
See all GFPT1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GFPT1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human GFPT1 aa 525-681 (C terminal). (BC045641).
DEIQKLATELYHQKSVLIMGRGYHYATCLEGALKIKEITYMHSEGILAGE LKHGPLALVDKLMPVIMIIMRDHTYAKCQNALQQVVARQGRPVVICDKED TETIKNTKRTIKVPHSVDCLQGILSVIPLQLLAFHLAVLRGYDVDFPRNL AKSVTVE
Database link: Q06210-2
- WB: HeLa and Human kidney lysates. IHC-P: Human fetal testis tissue.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute in 200ul Sterile Distilled Water.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab176775 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 77 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
FunctionControls the flux of glucose into the hexosamine pathway. Most likely involved in regulating the availability of precursors for N- and O-linked glycosylation of proteins.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is predominantly expressed in skeletal muscle. Not expressed in brain. Seems to be selectively expressed in striated muscle.
PathwayNucleotide-sugar biosynthesis; UDP-N-acetyl-alpha-D-glucosamine biosynthesis; alpha-D-glucosamine 6-phosphate from D-fructose 6-phosphate: step 1/1.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GFPT1 are the cause of limb-girdle myasthenia with tubular aggregates (LGMTA) [MIM:610542]. A congenital myasthenic syndrome characterized by onset of proximal muscle weakness in the first decade. Individuals with this condition have a recognizable pattern of weakness of shoulder and pelvic girdle muscles, and sparing of ocular or facial muscles. EMG classically shows a decremental response to repeated nerve stimulation, a sign of neuromuscular junction dysfunction. Affected individuals show a favorable response to acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitors.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 glutamine amidotransferase type-2 domain.
Contains 2 SIS domains.
- Information by UniProt
- CMS12 antibody
- CMSTA1 antibody
- D-fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase 1 antibody
ab176775 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhao Y et al. Human metapneumovirus infection of airway epithelial cells is associated with changes in core metabolic pathways. Virology 531:183-191 (2019). PubMed: 30927711
- Li L et al. High expression of GFAT1 predicts unfavorable prognosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget 8:19205-19217 (2017). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 28186970
- Yang C et al. High expression of GFAT1 predicts poor prognosis in patients with pancreatic cancer. Sci Rep 6:39044 (2016). PubMed: 27996048
- Duan F et al. Loss of GFAT1 promotes epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and predicts unfavorable prognosis in gastric cancer. Oncotarget 7:38427-39 (2016). PubMed: 27509259