Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GGA2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GGA2 antibody
See all GGA2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GGA2
SpecificityThis antibody recognises two bands by Western at 75 and 37kD. This corresponds to results seen in Hela extracts in Dell'Angelica et al. 2000. The lower 37kD band is expected to correspond to the isoform described in NP_619581.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10552 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 75, 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 67 kDa).|
FunctionPlays a role in protein sorting and trafficking between the trans-Golgi network (TGN) and endosomes. Mediates the ARF-dependent recruitment of clathrin to the TGN and binds ubiquitinated proteins and membrane cargo molecules with a cytosolic acidic cluster-dileucine (AC-LL) motif.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GGA protein family.
Contains 1 GAE domain.
Contains 1 GAT domain.
Contains 1 VHS domain.
DomainThe VHS domain functions as a recognition module for sorting signals composed of an acidic cluster followed by two leucines (AC-LL motif).
The GAT domain is responsible for interaction with ARF-GTP, UBC and RABEP1. Required for recruitment to the TGN it prevents ARF-GTP hydrolysis.
The unstructured hinge region contains clathrin-binding but no autoinhibitory (AC-LL) motifs.
The GAE domain binds accessory proteins regulating GGAs function.
Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus > trans-Golgi network membrane. Endosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 1200007E24Rik antibody
- ADP ribosylation factor binding protein 2 antibody
- ADP ribosylation factor binding protein GGA 2 antibody
Western blot using ab10552 at 1/500. Lysates at 5µg per lane. Secondary ab6721 at 1/5000. Lane 1: Hela nuclear Lane 2: Hela Lane 3: A431 Lane 4: Jurkat Lane 5: 293
ab10552 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Duffney LJ et al. Epigenetics and autism spectrum disorder: A report of an autism case with mutation in H1 linker histone HIST1H1E and literature review. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 177:426-433 (2018). PubMed: 29704315
- Herskowitz JH et al. GGA1-mediated endocytic traffic of LR11/SorLA alters APP intracellular distribution and amyloid-ß production. Mol Biol Cell 23:2645-57 (2012). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 22621900
- Lefrançois S & McCormick PJ The Arf GEF GBF1 is required for GGA recruitment to Golgi membranes. Traffic 8:1440-51 (2007). ICC/IF ; African green monkey . PubMed: 17666033