Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Ghrelin
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Ghrelin antibody
See all Ghrelin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ghrelin
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cat, Dog, Human, Rhesus monkey
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
FunctionGhrelin is the ligand for growth hormone secretagogue receptor type 1 (GHSR). Induces the release of growth hormone from the pituitary. Has an appetite-stimulating effect, induces adiposity and stimulates gastric acid secretion. Involved in growth regulation.
Obestatin may be the ligand for GPR39. May have an appetite-reducing effect resulting in decreased food intake. May reduce gastric emptying activity and jejunal motility.
Tissue specificityHighest level in stomach. All forms are found in serum as well. Other tissues compensate for the loss of ghrelin synthesis in the stomach following gastrectomy.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the motilin family.
modificationsO-octanoylation or O-decanoylation is essential for ghrelin activity. The O-decanoylated forms Ghrelin-27-C10 and Ghrelin-28-C10 differ in the length of the carbon backbone of the carboxylic acid bound to Ser-26. A small fraction of ghrelin, ghrelin-28-C10:1, may be modified with a singly unsaturated carboxylic acid.
Amidation of Leu-98 is essential for obestatin activity.
- Information by UniProt
- Appetite regulating hormone antibody
- Ghrelin 27 antibody
- Ghrelin 28 antibody
ab129383 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Sagsöz H et al. The expressions of some metabolic hormones (leptin, ghrelin and obestatin) in the tissues of sheep tongue. Anat Histol Embryol 49:112-120 (2020). PubMed: 31568599
- Chen H et al. Ghrelin suppresses migration of macrophages via inhibition of ROCK2 under chronic intermittent hypoxia. J Int Med Res 48:300060520926065 (2020). PubMed: 32485129
- Nunez-Salces M et al. Nutrient-sensing components of the mouse stomach and the gastric ghrelin cell. Neurogastroenterol Motil 32:e13944 (2020). PubMed: 32666613
- Sun X et al. Incretin dysfunction and hyperglycemia in cystic fibrosis: Role of acyl-ghrelin. J Cyst Fibros N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30738804
- Chen Y et al. Pretreatment of ghrelin protects H9c2 cells against hypoxia/reoxygenation-induced cell death via PI3K/AKT and AMPK pathways. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:2179-2187 (2019). PubMed: 31159591
- Qu R et al. Ghrelin protects against osteoarthritis through interplay with Akt and NF-?B signaling pathways. FASEB J 32:1044-1058 (2018). PubMed: 29070587