Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R antibody
See all Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R (N terminal).
(Peptide available as
Previously labelled as Ghrelin Receptor.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200ul distilled sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85104 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
FunctionReceptor for ghrelin, coupled to G-alpha-11 proteins. Stimulates growth hormone secretion. Binds also other growth hormone releasing peptides (GHRP) (e.g. Met-enkephalin and GHRP-6) as well as non-peptide, low molecular weight secretagogues (e.g. L-692,429, MK-0677, adenosine).
Tissue specificityPituitary and hypothalamus.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GHSR may be a cause of idiopathic short stature autosomal (ISSA) [MIM:604271]. Short stature is defined by a subnormal rate of growth.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GH releasing peptide receptor antibody
- GH-releasing peptide receptor antibody
- Ghrelin receptor antibody
ab85104 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Lin Y et al. Gut ghrelin regulates hepatic glucose production and insulin signaling via a gut-brain-liver pathway. Cell Commun Signal 17:8 (2019). PubMed: 30683114
- Ge X et al. LEAP2 Is an Endogenous Antagonist of the Ghrelin Receptor. Cell Metab 27:461-469.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29233536
- Nokhbehsaim M et al. Regulation of Ghrelin Receptor by Periodontal BacteriaIn VitroandIn Vivo. Mediators Inflamm 2017:4916971 (2017). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 29317796
- Esener OBB et al. Spirulina Platensis Affects Factors Involved in Spermatogenesis and Increases Ghrelin Receptors in Testis Tissue of Rats Fed a High-Fat Diet. Pol J Vet Sci 20:467-475 (2017). PubMed: 29166288
- Merigo F et al. Molecules implicated in glucose homeostasis are differentially expressed in the trachea of lean and obese Zucker rats. Eur J Histochem 60:2557 (2016). PubMed: 26972710
- Duraisamy AJ et al. Changes in ghrelin, CCK, GLP-1, and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors in a hypoxia-induced anorexia rat model. Endokrynol Pol 66:334-41 (2015). PubMed: 26323471
- Galvão A et al. Opposing roles of leptin and ghrelin in the equine corpus luteum regulation: an in vitro study. Mediators Inflamm 2014:682193 (2014). PubMed: 25125800