Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-FoFr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R antibody
See all Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Sheep, Cow, Pig, Ferret, Baboon, Cynomolgus monkey, Common marmoset
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R aa 150-250 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- Recombinant Human Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R protein (ab114485) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive signal in human brain tissue lysate. IF/ICC: SKNSH cell line
Previously labelled as Ghrelin Receptor.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95250 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 41 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).|
|IHC-FoFr||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionReceptor for ghrelin, coupled to G-alpha-11 proteins. Stimulates growth hormone secretion. Binds also other growth hormone releasing peptides (GHRP) (e.g. Met-enkephalin and GHRP-6) as well as non-peptide, low molecular weight secretagogues (e.g. L-692,429, MK-0677, adenosine).
Tissue specificityPituitary and hypothalamus.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GHSR may be a cause of idiopathic short stature autosomal (ISSA) [MIM:604271]. Short stature is defined by a subnormal rate of growth.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GH releasing peptide receptor antibody
- GH-releasing peptide receptor antibody
- Ghrelin receptor antibody
ab95259 Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R antibody immunoreactivity in the mouse brain a.anterior hypothalamic nucleus b.high magnification immunoreactivity shows dendritic processes (arrowheads) and the periphery of the soma (arrows) of pyramidal cells in the somatosensory cortex c. hippocampus. The immunostaining with ab95250 is consistent with published data (Zigman et al, 2006).
ab95250 staining GHS-R in SKNSH cells. The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab95250 at 5µg/ml and ab7291 (Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control) used at a 1/1000 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibodies were ab150081, Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) preadsorbed, (pseudo-colored green) and ab150120, Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (Alexa Fluor® 594) preadsorbed, (colored red), both used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM for 1hour at room temperature.
Anti-Ghrelin Receptor/GHS-R antibody (ab95250) at 1 µg/ml + Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466) at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Exposure time: 2 minutes
ab95250 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Song L et al. Ghrelin system is involved in improvements in glucose metabolism mediated by hyperbaric oxygen treatment in a streptozotocin-induced type 1 diabetes mouse model. Mol Med Rep 22:3767-3776 (2020). PubMed: 32901885
- Han QQ et al. Ghrelin exhibited antidepressant and anxiolytic effect via the p38-MAPK signaling pathway in hippocampus. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 93:11-20 (2019). PubMed: 30853341
- Rajeswari JJ et al. Metabolic stress leads to divergent changes in the ghrelinergic system in goldfish (Carassius auratus) gonads. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 235:112-120 (2019). PubMed: 31158494
- Blanco AM et al. Ghrelin Facilitates GLUT2-, SGLT1- and SGLT2-mediated Intestinal Glucose Transport in Goldfish (Carassius auratus). Sci Rep 7:45024 (2017). PubMed: 28338019
- Bai Y et al. Atractylodin Induces Myosin Light Chain Phosphorylation and Promotes Gastric Emptying through Ghrelin Receptor. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2017:2186798 (2017). PubMed: 28883883