Product nameAnti-GHRHR antibody
See all GHRHR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GHRHR
Specificityab28692 recognises GHRH-R.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- human ovarian carcinoma
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28692 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/3000. Detects a band of approximately 47 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method for 20 minutes in citric acid at pH 6.0.
FunctionReceptor for GRF, coupled to G proteins which activate adenylyl cyclase. Stimulates somatotroph cell growth, growth hormone gene transcription and growth hormone secretion.
Tissue specificityPituitary gland.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GHRHR are a cause of growth hormone deficiency isolated type 1B (IGHD1B) [MIM:612781]; also known as dwarfism of Sindh. IGHD1B is an autosomal recessive deficiency of GH which causes short stature. IGHD1B patients have low but detectable levels of GH.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 2 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GHRFR antibody
- GHRH R antibody
- GHRH receptor antibody
Anti-GHRHR antibody (ab28692) at 1/500 dilution + LOVO (Human colon adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 47 kDa
Additional bands at: 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ab28692 staining Human GHRHR in human ovarian carcinoma samples by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
ICC/IF image of ab28692 stained SKNSH cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab28692, 1/200 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899 Dylight 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab28692 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Ren JL et al. Growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor mediates cytokine production in ciliary and iris epithelial cells during LPS-induced ocular inflammation. Exp Eye Res 181:277-284 (2019). PubMed: 30831084
- Cohen E et al. Contribution of functionally assessed GHRHR mutations to idiopathic isolated growth hormone deficiency in patients without GH1 mutations. Hum Mutat 40:2033-2043 (2019). PubMed: 31231873
- Pérez-Ibave DC et al. Expression of growth hormone gene in the baboon eye. Exp Eye Res 169:157-169 (2018). PubMed: 29407222
- Jimenez JJ et al. A new approach to the treatment of acute myeloid leukaemia targeting the receptor for growth hormone-releasing hormone. Br J Haematol 181:476-485 (2018). PubMed: 29663325
- Popovics P et al. Antagonists of growth hormone-releasing hormone inhibit proliferation induced by inflammation in prostatic epithelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:1359-1364 (2017). PubMed: 28123062