Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GHRHR
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76263 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa. Use BSA for blocking|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionReceptor for GRF, coupled to G proteins which activate adenylyl cyclase. Stimulates somatotroph cell growth, growth hormone gene transcription and growth hormone secretion.
Tissue specificityPituitary gland.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GHRHR are a cause of growth hormone deficiency isolated type 1B (IGHD1B) [MIM:612781]; also known as dwarfism of Sindh. IGHD1B is an autosomal recessive deficiency of GH which causes short stature. IGHD1B patients have low but detectable levels of GH.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 2 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GHRFR antibody
- GHRH R antibody
- GHRH receptor antibody
All lanes : Anti-GHRHR antibody (ab76263) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from LOVO cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from LOVO cells with immunizing peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 47 kDa
Additional bands at: >117 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunofluorescence analysis of HUVEC cells using ab76263 at a 1/500 dilution.
Left image un-treated.
Right image treated with immunizing peptide.
Immunofluorescence analysis of mouse pituitary cells, staining GHRHR with ab76263.
Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and blocked using 4% NGS in PBS with 0.3% Triton X-100 for 1 hour at room temperature. Cells were incubated with primary antibody (1/50) in 4% NGS for 18 hours at 4°C. Slides were washed three times for 15 min with PBS and then incubated in 4% NGS with an AlexaFluor®488-conjugated anti- rabbit secondary antibody (1/1000) for 1 hour at room temperature.
ab76263 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Zhu J et al. MicroRNA-363 inhibits angiogenesis, proliferation, invasion, and migration of renal cell carcinoma via inactivation of the Janus tyrosine kinases 2-signal transducers and activators of transcription 3 axis by suppressing growth hormone receptor gene. J Cell Physiol 234:2581-2592 (2019). PubMed: 30229899
- Jimenez JJ et al. A new approach to the treatment of acute myeloid leukaemia targeting the receptor for growth hormone-releasing hormone. Br J Haematol 181:476-485 (2018). PubMed: 29663325
- Cui T & Schally AV Growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) and its agonists inhibit hepatic and tumoral secretion of IGF-1. Oncotarget 9:28745-28756 (2018). PubMed: 29983893
- Zhang XD et al. The treatment effect of novel hGHRH homodimer to male infertility hamster. Korean J Physiol Pharmacol 22:637-647 (2018). PubMed: 30402024
- Popovics P et al. Antagonists of growth hormone-releasing hormone inhibit proliferation induced by inflammation in prostatic epithelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:1359-1364 (2017). PubMed: 28123062