Product nameGinsenoside Rg3, natural triterpenoid saponin
DescriptionNatural triterpenoid saponin with variety of biological activities
Biological descriptionNatural triterpenoid saponin found in Panax notoginseng. Shows a variety of biological activities. Shows anti-tumor activity and suppresses COX-2 expression. Inhibits brain Na+ currents (IC50 = 32 μM). Modulatory role in neuroinflammation. Active in vivo and in vitro.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Soluble in DMSO to 5 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
This product has been referenced in:
- Park SM et al. Ginsenoside Rg3 attenuates microglia activation following systemic lipopolysaccharide treatment in mice. Biol Pharm Bull 35:1546-52 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22975507) »
- Lee JH et al. Characteristics of ginsenoside Rg3-mediated brain Na+ current inhibition. Mol Pharmacol 68:1114-26 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 16014805) »
- Surh YJ et al. Molecular mechanisms underlying anti-tumor promoting activities of heat-processed Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer. J Korean Med Sci 16 Suppl:S38-41 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11748375) »