Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4523] to Gli1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Gli1 antibody [EPR4523]
See all Gli1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4523] to Gli1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Gli1 aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- RMS13 and A673 cell lysates; Human brain and testis tissues; A673 cells.
This antibody was developed as part of a collaboration with the lab of Martin Fernandez-Zapico at the Mayo Clinic.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134906 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 118 kDa.
FunctionActs as a transcriptional activator. May regulate the transcription of specific genes during normal development. May play a role in craniofacial development and digital development, as well as development of the central nervous system and gastrointestinal tract. Mediates SHH signaling and thus cell proliferation and differentiation.
Tissue specificityTestis, myometrium and fallopian tube. Also expressed in the brain with highest expression in the cerebellum, optic nerve and olfactory tract.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GLI C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 5 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
modificationsPhosphorylated in vitro by ULK3.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Tethered in the cytoplasm by binding to SUFU. Activation and translocation to the nucleus is promoted by interaction with STK36. Phosphorylation by ULK3 may promote nuclear localization. Translocation to the nucleus is promoted by interaction with ZIC1.
- Information by UniProt
- Gli 1 antibody
- GLI antibody
- GLI family zinc finger 1 antibody
Anti-Gli1 antibody [EPR4523] (ab134906) at 1/1000 dilution (purified) + RMS13 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP goat anti-rabbit (H+L) at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 118 kDa
Observed band size: 150 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Blocking buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
Dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
All lanes : Anti-Gli1 antibody [EPR4523] (ab134906) at 1/1000 dilution (unpurified)
Lane 1 : RMS13 cell lysate
Lane 2 : A673 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 118 kDa
ab134906 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Kim SH et al. Identification of recurrent FHL2-GLI2 oncogenic fusion in sclerosing stromal tumors of the ovary. Nat Commun 11:44 (2020). PubMed: 31896750
- Qiu S et al. LncRNA EGOT decreases breast cancer cell viability and migration via inactivation of the Hedgehog pathway. FEBS Open Bio 10:817-826 (2020). PubMed: 32150666
- Hua J et al. Small Molecule-Based Strategy Promotes Nucleus Pulposus Specific Differentiation of Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Mol Cells 42:661-671 (2019). PubMed: 31564076
- Tang CT et al. NOX4-driven ROS formation regulates proliferation and apoptosis of gastric cancer cells through the GLI1 pathway. Cell Signal 46:52-63 (2018). IHC-P . PubMed: 29496628
- Liu Y et al. Dihydroartemisinin induces apoptosis and inhibits proliferation, migration, and invasion in epithelial ovarian cancer via inhibition of the hedgehog signaling pathway. Cancer Med 7:5704-5715 (2018). PubMed: 30338663