Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Gli2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Gli2 antibody
See all Gli2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Gli2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Chinese hamsterDoes not react with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse Gli2 aa 950-1050 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
Database link: Q0VGT2
- WB: Mouse E10 embryonic brain, E12 embryonic brain and spinal cord, E14 embryonic brain, E16 embryonic brain, and E18 embryonic brain tissue lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab167389 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 150 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 167 kDa).|
FunctionActs as a transcriptional activator. May play a role during embryogenesis. Binds to the DNA sequence 5'-GAACCACCCA-3' which is part of the TRE-2S regulatory element that augments the Tax-dependent enhancer of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1. Implicated in the transduction of SHH signal.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GLI2 are the cause of holoprosencephaly type 9 (HPE9) [MIM:610829]; also called pituitary anomalies with holoprosencephaly-like features. The primary features of this disease include defective anterior pituitary formation and pan-hypopituitarism, with or without overt forebrain cleavage abnormalities, and holoprosencephaly-like midfacial hypoplasia. Holoprosencephaly is the most common structural anomaly of the brain, in which the developing forebrain fails to correctly separate into right and left hemispheres. Holoprosencephaly is genetically heterogeneous and associated with several distinct facies and phenotypic variability.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GLI C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 5 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
modificationsPhosphorylated in vitro by ULK3.
- Information by UniProt
- CJS antibody
- Gli 2 antibody
- GLI family zinc finger 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Gli2 antibody (ab167389) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : E10 Mouse Embryo Brain Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : E12 Mouse Embryo Brain and Spinal Cord Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : E14 Mouse Embryo Brain Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : E16 Ms Embryo Brain Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : E18 Ms Embryo Brain Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/50000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 167 kDa
Observed band size: 150 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 69 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
Exposure time: 12 minutes
This blot was produced using a 3-8% Tris Acetate gel under the TA buffer system. The gel was run at 150V for 60 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 2% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab167389 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
ab167389 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. Vasohibin 2 promotes malignant behaviors of pancreatic cancer cells by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition via Hedgehog signaling pathway. Cancer Med 7:5567-5576 (2018). PubMed: 30318866
- Ye L et al. NUMB maintains bone mass by promoting degradation of PTEN and GLI1 via ubiquitination in osteoblasts. Bone Res 6:32 (2018). PubMed: 30455992
- Wang N et al. miR-141-3p suppresses proliferation and promotes apoptosis by targeting GLI2 in osteosarcoma cells. Oncol Rep 39:747-754 (2018). PubMed: 29251328
- Hsiao CJ et al. Gli2 modulates cell cycle re-entry through autophagy-mediated regulation of the length of primary cilia. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30463852
- Fitzpatrick E et al. Alcohol Reduces Arterial Remodeling by Inhibiting Sonic Hedgehog-Stimulated Stem Cell Antigen-1 Positive Progenitor Stem Cell Expansion. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 41:2051-2065 (2017). PubMed: 28921619
- Feuerstein M et al. Expression patterns of key Sonic Hedgehog signaling pathway components in the developing and adult mouse midbrain and in the MN9D cell line. Cell Tissue Res 370:211-225 (2017). PubMed: 28799057
- Yan B et al. mTORC1 regulates PTHrP to coordinate chondrocyte growth, proliferation and differentiation. Nat Commun 7:11151 (2016). PubMed: 27039827