Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Gli2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Gli2 antibody
See all Gli2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Gli2
SpecificityAlthough some of our customers have had good results in Mouse (74% homology with the immunogen) and IHC, we do not batch test this antibody in this application and species. Due to the polyclonal nature of this antibody, some lots may work in Mouse and/or IHC but we cannot guarantee this.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26056 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 4 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 133 kDa.
Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.
|ICC||1/200. See Abreview|
FunctionActs as a transcriptional activator. May play a role during embryogenesis. Binds to the DNA sequence 5'-GAACCACCCA-3' which is part of the TRE-2S regulatory element that augments the Tax-dependent enhancer of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1. Implicated in the transduction of SHH signal.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GLI2 are the cause of holoprosencephaly type 9 (HPE9) [MIM:610829]; also called pituitary anomalies with holoprosencephaly-like features. The primary features of this disease include defective anterior pituitary formation and pan-hypopituitarism, with or without overt forebrain cleavage abnormalities, and holoprosencephaly-like midfacial hypoplasia. Holoprosencephaly is the most common structural anomaly of the brain, in which the developing forebrain fails to correctly separate into right and left hemispheres. Holoprosencephaly is genetically heterogeneous and associated with several distinct facies and phenotypic variability.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GLI C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 5 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
modificationsPhosphorylated in vitro by ULK3.
- Information by UniProt
- CJS antibody
- Gli 2 antibody
- GLI family zinc finger 2 antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab26056 has been referenced in 60 publications.
- He M et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor-2a directly promotes BCRP expression and mediates the resistance of ovarian cancer stem cells to adriamycin. Mol Oncol 13:403-421 (2019). PubMed: 30536571
- Sun W et al. Combination of phospholipase Ce knockdown with GANT61 sensitizes castration-resistant prostate cancer cells to enzalutamide by suppressing the androgen receptor signaling pathway. Oncol Rep 41:2689-2702 (2019). PubMed: 30864728
- Kim HS et al. Expression profile of sonic hedgehog signaling-related molecules in basal cell carcinoma. PLoS One 14:e0225511 (2019). PubMed: 31756206
- Yu Q et al. Effect of RAB31 silencing on osteosarcoma cell proliferation and migration through the Hedgehog signaling pathway. J Bone Miner Metab N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30470957
- Xu C et al. High expression of Sonic hedgehog in allergic airway epithelia contributes to goblet cell metaplasia. Mucosal Immunol 11:1306-1315 (2018). PubMed: 29867080