Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GLO1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GLO1 antibody
See all GLO1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GLO1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow
Recombinant protein fragment corresponding to a region within amino acids 1 and 171 of GLO1 (NP_006699).
- WB: 293T, A431, H1299, HeLaS3, HepG2, MOLT and Raji cell lysates IHC-P: ovarian carcinoma tissue ICC/IF: HeLa cells
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 79% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96032 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionCatalyzes the conversion of hemimercaptal, formed from methylglyoxal and glutathione, to S-lactoylglutathione.
PathwaySecondary metabolite metabolism; methylglyoxal degradation; (R)-lactate from methylglyoxal: step 1/2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyoxalase I family.
- Information by UniProt
- Aldoketomutase antibody
- glo1 antibody
- GLOD1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-GLO1 antibody (ab96032) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : H1299 whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : HepG2 whole cell lysate
Lane 6 : MOLT4 whole cell lysate
Lane 7 : Raji whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 21 kDa
12% SDS PAGE
Immunohistochemical analysis of GLO1 in paraffin embedded human ovarian carcinoma tissue, using ab96032 at a 1/100 dilution.
Immunofluorescence analysis of GLO1 in paraformaldehyde fixed HeLa, using ab96032 at a 1/200 dilution. Lower image: merged with DNA probe.
ab96032 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Spanos C et al. Proteomic identification and characterization of hepatic glyoxalase 1 dysregulation in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Proteome Sci 16:4 (2018). PubMed: 29456458
- Rodrigues T et al. Methylglyoxal-induced glycation changes adipose tissue vascular architecture, flow and expansion, leading to insulin resistance. Sci Rep 7:1698 (2017). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 28490763
- Wortmann M et al. A Glyoxalase-1 Knockdown Does Not Have Major Short Term Effects on Energy Expenditure and Atherosclerosis in Mice. J Diabetes Res 2016:2981639 (2016). PubMed: 26788517
- Peters AS et al. Reduced glyoxalase 1 activity in carotid artery plaques of nondiabetic patients with increased hemoglobin A1c level. J Vasc Surg 64:990-4 (2016). PubMed: 27478003
- Stratmann B et al. Glyoxalase 1-knockdown in human aortic endothelial cells - effect on the proteome and endothelial function estimates. Sci Rep 6:37737 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27898103
- Peters AS et al. Gender difference in glyoxalase 1 activity of atherosclerotic carotid artery lesions. J Vasc Surg 62:471-6 (2015). PubMed: 24767709
- Zhang S et al. Glo1 genetic amplification as a potential therapeutic target in hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:2079-90 (2014). PubMed: 24966916
- Abu El-Asrar AM et al. The proinflammatory cytokine high-mobility group box-1 mediates retinal neuropathy induced by diabetes. Mediators Inflamm 2014:746415 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24733965
- Shan G et al. Increase in Blood Glutathione and Erythrocyte Proteins Related to Glutathione Generation, Reduction and Utilization in African-American Old Women with Diabetes. J Sci Technol Environ 5:N/A (0). PubMed: 26770888