Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 5 hr
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
Product nameGlobal Protein Sumoylation Assay Kit
See all Sumoylation kits
Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
Assay time5h 00m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Sumoylation is a post-transcriptional modification involved in various cellular processes such as nuclear-cytoplasmic transport, transcription regulation and progression through the cell cycle. There are 3 confirmed SUMO isoforms in humans: SUMO-1, SUMO-2 and SUMO-3. SUMO-2/-3 show a high degree of similarity to each other and are distinct from SUMO-1. Sumoylation is directed by an enzymatic cascade analogous to that involved in ubiquitination. Sumoylation of target proteins in vivo has been shown to cause a number of different outcomes, including altered localization and binding partners. Thus, detection of in vivo protein sumoylation (SUMO conjugation) would provide useful information for understanding SUMO modification as a regulatory control mechanisms for many nuclear proteins.
Global Protein Sumoylation Assay Kit (ab115131) allows the user to measure in vivo protein sumoylation. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed for measuring in vivo protein sumoylation from multiple mammalian cells/tissues extracts.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 48 tests 96 tests 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 2 x 25ml 8-Well Assay Strips (with Frame) 6 units 12 units 8-Well Control Strips 2 units 3 units Binding Buffer 1 x 15ml 1 x 30ml Blocking Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 20ml Color Development Solution 1 x 6ml 1 x 12ml Negative Control, 1 µg/µL 1 x 120µl 1 x 240µl Signal Report Solution 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl Stop Solution 1 x 3ml 1 x 6ml Sumo Antibody, 1 µg/µL 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl Sumo Assay Buffer 1 x 2ml 1 x 4ml Sumo Protein, 1 µg/µL 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl
ab115131 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Srinivasan S et al. SUMOylation of G9a regulates its function as an activator of myoblast proliferation. Cell Death Dis 10:250 (2019). PubMed: 30867409
- Wnuk A et al. Prenatal Exposure to Benzophenone-3 Impairs Autophagy, Disrupts RXRs/PPAR? Signaling, and Alters Epigenetic and Post-Translational Statuses in Brain Neurons. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30402708