Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [K79bB10] to Glucagon
- Suitable for: IHC-P, RIA
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Glucagon antibody [K79bB10]
See all Glucagon primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [K79bB10] to Glucagon
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, RIAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cat, Dog, Human, Pig, Common marmoset, Syrian hamster
Polymerized porcine glucagon.
- Pancreatic glucagon for RIA. IHC-P: Mouse and Rat pancreas tissues.
Production of this antibody has been changed on 8th July 2016. The following lots are from ascites and are still in stock as of 8th July 2016: GR260160 and GR268340. Lot numbers higher than GR268340 will be purified from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly.
If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify by centrifugation before use.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified from Tissue culture supernatant.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10988 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|RIA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceGlucagon is a hormone that is secreted by alpha cells in the pancreas. Glucagon antagonizes insulin by converting glycogen to glucose in the liver and increasing blood sugar levels. Glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP1), Glucagon-like peptide 2 (GLP2), VIP (vasoactive intestinal peptide) and PACAP (pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide) are in the glucagons hormone family. GLP1 is a transmitter in the central nervous system that regulates feeding and drinking behavior. GLP2 stimulates intestinal epithelial growth.
- GCG antibody
Formali-fixed, paraffin-embedded rat pancreas tissue stained for Glucagon using ab10988 at 10 µg/ml in immunohistochemical analysis.
ab10988 staining Glucagon in rat pancreatic tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed in paraformaldehyde, blocked with 2% serum for 1 hour at 25°C, then incubated with ab10988 at a 1/200 dilution for 1 hour at 25°C. The secondary used was a donkey anti-mouse IgG (H+L) conjugated to Texas Red, used at a 1/250 dilution. Nuclei counterstained with DAPI, green is staining for insulin.
ab10988 has been referenced in 84 publications.
- Niu M et al. Long-term case study of a Wuzhishan miniature pig with diabetes. Animal Model Exp Med 3:22-31 (2020). PubMed: 32318656
- Zhu L et al. Improved therapeutic effects on diabetic foot by human mesenchymal stem cells expressing MALAT1 as a sponge for microRNA-205-5p. Aging (Albany NY) 11:12236-12245 (2019). PubMed: 31866580
- Wei S et al. Comparison of glycemic improvement between intermittent calorie restriction and continuous calorie restriction in diabetic mice. Nutr Metab (Lond) 16:60 (2019). PubMed: 31485253
- Yung T et al. Sufu- and Spop-mediated downregulation of Hedgehog signaling promotes beta cell differentiation through organ-specific niche signals. Nat Commun 10:4647 (2019). PubMed: 31604927
- Bian C et al. 17ß-Estradiol Regulates Glucose Metabolism and Insulin Secretion in Rat Islet ß Cells Through GPER and Akt/mTOR/GLUT2 Pathway. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 10:531 (2019). PubMed: 31447779