Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Glucose Transporter GLUT3
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Glucose Transporter GLUT3 antibody
See all Glucose Transporter GLUT3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glucose Transporter GLUT3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Glucose Transporter GLUT3 aa 450 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P11169
- IHC-P: Human placenta tissue. WB: U87 -MG cell lysate; Human brain lysate.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15311 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionFacilitative glucose transporter. Probably a neuronal glucose transporter.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in brain. Expressed in many tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Sugar transporter (TC 2.A.1.1) family. Glucose transporter subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- brain antibody
- FLJ90380 antibody
- Glucose transporter type 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Glucose Transporter GLUT3 antibody (ab15311) at 1/400 dilution
Lane 1 : Lysate prepared from U87-MG cells
Lanes 2-3 : Lysate prepared from human brain
Lane 4 : Lysate prepared from lymphoblastoid cell line
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit IgG-HRP at 1/7500 dilution
Predicted band size: 60 kDa
Observed band size: 48 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 60 kDa (possible glycosylated form)
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human placenta tissue stained for Glucose Transporter GLUT3 using ab15311 at 1/50 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
ab15311 staining Glucose Transporter GLUT3 in human placenta by Immunohistochemistry (FFPE-sections).
Formaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded human testis tissue stained for Glucose Transporter GLUT3 using ab15311 at 1/200 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
ab15311 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Ghezzi C et al. A high-throughput screen identifies that CDK7 activates glucose consumption in lung cancer cells. Nat Commun 10:5444 (2019). PubMed: 31784510
- Miran T et al. Modulation of glutathione promotes apoptosis in triple-negative breast cancer cells. FASEB J 32:2803-2813 (2018). PubMed: 29301945
- Mai WX et al. Cytoplasmic p53 couples oncogene-driven glucose metabolism to apoptosis and is a therapeutic target in glioblastoma. Nat Med 23:1342-1351 (2017). PubMed: 29035366
- Kuang R et al. GLUT3 upregulation promotes metabolic reprogramming associated with antiangiogenic therapy resistance. JCI Insight 2:e88815 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28138554
- Park HS et al. Hypoxia induces glucose uptake and metabolism of adipose-derived stem cells. Mol Med Rep 14:4706-4714 (2016). PubMed: 27748854