Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Glucose Transporter GLUT3
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Fr, ELISA, Dot blot, IHC-FrFl, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Glucose Transporter GLUT3 antibody
See all Glucose Transporter GLUT3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glucose Transporter GLUT3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Fr, ELISA, Dot blot, IHC-FrFl, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- IHC-P: Human duodenum tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Antibody stabilization buffer.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntigen-sepharose affinity column.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41525 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/8000. Detects a band of approximately 45-47 kDa. Detects a band of approximately 45-47 kDa using 10ug hippocampal plasma membranes as antigen. The samples MUST NOT be boiled before running the gel as highly hydrophobic membrane proteins, like glucose transporters, aggregate severely at high temperatures due to the hydrophobic effect, which increases as a direct function of temperature. If the samples are boiled, much of the transporter will aggregate so severely it doesn't enter the running gel and higher order oligomers will be observed.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent dilution. 2µl ab41525 will immunoprecipitate 80-85% GLUT3 from 250µg rat solublized hippocampal membranes.
|Dot blot||1/25000. With solublized hippocampal plasma membranes.|
|IHC-FrFl||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionFacilitative glucose transporter. Probably a neuronal glucose transporter.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in brain. Expressed in many tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Sugar transporter (TC 2.A.1.1) family. Glucose transporter subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- brain antibody
- FLJ90380 antibody
- Glucose transporter type 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Glucose Transporter GLUT3 antibody (ab41525) at 1/2000 dilution
Lanes 1 & 4 & 7 & 10 : Sal 3 month cortical extract
Lanes 2 & 5 & 8 & 11 : Glu 3 month cortical extract
Lanes 3 & 9 & 12 : CB 3 month cortical extract
Lane 6 : GB 3 month cortical extract
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Alkaline phosphatase-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG at 1/5000 dilution
10% SDS-PAGE gel.
Incubated with the primary antibody for 2 hours at room temperature followed by 3x10 minutes washes in TBST.
ab41525 staining GLUT3 in human duodenum.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 4 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus), at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers EDTA pH 9.0. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ab41525 at a 1/100 dilution staining Glucose Transporter GLUT3 in human PMN cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence (PFA fixed), incubated for 4 hours at 37°C. Permeabilized using 0.1% Triton X-100 in 2% BSA for 15 minutes. Blocked with 2% BSA for 30 minutes at 22°C. Secondary used undiluted polyclonal goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 568 (red). Counterstain DAPI (blue).
ab41525 has been referenced in 35 publications.
- Sun K et al. Oxidized ATM-mediated glycolysis enhancement in breast cancer-associated fibroblasts contributes to tumor invasion through lactate as metabolic coupling. EBioMedicine 41:370-383 (2019). PubMed: 30799198
- Xia M et al. Curcumin improves diabetes mellitus-associated cerebral infarction by increasing the expression of GLUT1 and GLUT3. Mol Med Rep 17:1963-1969 (2018). PubMed: 29257220
- Gibbins KJ et al. Effects of excess thromboxane A2 on placental development and nutrient transporters in a Mus musculus model of fetal growth restriction. Biol Reprod 98:695-704 (2018). PubMed: 29351577
- Ioja S et al. Nocturnal Hypoxia Improves Glucose Disposal, Decreases Mitochondrial Efficiency, and Increases Reactive Oxygen Species in the Muscle and Liver of C57BL/6J Mice Independent of Weight Change. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2018:9649608 (2018). PubMed: 29507654
- Aboushousha T et al. Immunohistochemical and Biochemical Expression Patterns of TTF-1, RAGE, GLUT-1 and SOX2 in HCV-Associated Hepatocellular Carcinomas Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 19:219-227 (2018). PubMed: 29373917