Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1F8] to Glucose Transporter GLUT4
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Glucose Transporter GLUT4 antibody [1F8]
See all Glucose Transporter GLUT4 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1F8] to Glucose Transporter GLUT4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Human, Monkey
Rat Glucose Transporter GLUT4 from partially purified vesicles.
EpitopeThis antibody has been shown to recognise an epitope in the cytoplasmic portion of the molecule.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab35826 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa. 5 µg/ml of antibody will detect Glucose Transporter protein contained in 50-200 µg of solubilised membrane.|
FunctionInsulin-regulated facilitative glucose transporter.
Tissue specificitySkeletal and cardiac muscles; brown and white fat.
Involvement in diseaseDiabetes mellitus, non-insulin-dependent
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Sugar transporter (TC 2.A.1.1) family. Glucose transporter subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endomembrane system. Cytoplasm, perinuclear region. Localizes primarily to the perinuclear region, undergoing continued recycling to the plasma membrane where it is rapidly reinternalized. The dileucine internalization motif is critical for intracellular sequestration.
- Information by UniProt
- insulin-responsive antibody
- Glucose transporter GLUT 4 antibody
- Glucose transporter type 4 antibody
ab35826 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Lee K et al. Effect of Dietary Silk Peptide on Obesity, Hyperglycemia, and Skeletal Muscle Regeneration in High-Fat Diet-Fed Mice. Cells 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32041272
- Sociali G et al. Pharmacological Sirt6 inhibition improves glucose tolerance in a type 2 diabetes mouse model. FASEB J 31:3138-3149 (2017). PubMed: 28386046
- Aimé P et al. Modulation of olfactory sensitivity and glucose-sensing by the feeding state in obese Zucker rats. Front Behav Neurosci 8:326 (2014). IHC-Fr ; Rat . PubMed: 25278856
- Reed SE et al. A role for Rab14 in the endocytic trafficking of GLUT4 in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Cell Sci 126:1931-41 (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 23444368
- Dubuisson O et al. PPARgamma-independent increase in glucose uptake and adiponectin abundance in fat cells. Endocrinology 152:3648-60 (2011). PubMed: 21791563
- Wada T et al. Progesterone inhibits glucose uptake by affecting diverse steps of insulin signaling in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 298:E881-8 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20071559
- Tsutsumi YM et al. Role of caveolin-3 and glucose transporter-4 in isoflurane-induced delayed cardiac protection. Anesthesiology 112:1136-45 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 20418694
- Yin J et al. Role of hypoxia in obesity-induced disorders of glucose and lipid metabolism in adipose tissue. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E333-42 (2009). PubMed: 19066318