Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [mAbcam48547] to Glucose Transporter GLUT4
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-Glucose Transporter GLUT4 antibody [mAbcam48547]
See all Glucose Transporter GLUT4 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam48547] to Glucose Transporter GLUT4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Goat, Horse, Cow
- WB: ab48547 gave a positive signal against the partial recombinant GLUT4 protein which has an expected molecular weight of 30 kDa. IHC-P: Human heart tissue. Flow cyt: NSO cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
ChIP Related Products
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab48547 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170192 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionInsulin-regulated facilitative glucose transporter.
Tissue specificitySkeletal and cardiac muscles; brown and white fat.
Involvement in diseaseDiabetes mellitus, non-insulin-dependent
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Sugar transporter (TC 2.A.1.1) family. Glucose transporter subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endomembrane system. Cytoplasm, perinuclear region. Localizes primarily to the perinuclear region, undergoing continued recycling to the plasma membrane where it is rapidly reinternalized. The dileucine internalization motif is critical for intracellular sequestration.
- Information by UniProt
- insulin-responsive antibody
- Glucose transporter GLUT 4 antibody
- Glucose transporter type 4 antibody
Anti-Glucose Transporter GLUT4 antibody [mAbcam48547] (ab48547) at 5 µg/ml + Partial tagged recombinant protein to GLUT4 at 0.1 µg
Rabbit polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 54 kDa
Observed band size: 30 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab48547 gave a positive signal against the partial recombinant GLUT4 protein which has an expected molecular weight of 30 kDa.
ab48547 staining glucose transporter GLUT4 in human heart tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue underwent fixation in formaldehyde, heat mediated antigen retrieval in Citrate buffer pH 6.0 and blocking (5 minutes/peroxidase block then 10 minutes/protein block) for 15 minutes at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted, 1/2000 and incubated with sample for 45 minutes at 20°C. A HRP conjugated goat polyclonal to mouse IgG was used undiluted as secondary.
Overlay histogram showing NSO cells stained with ab48547 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab48547, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879 at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in NSO cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab48547 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ono E et al. Sweat glucose and GLUT2 expression in atopic dermatitis: Implication for clinical manifestation and treatment. PLoS One 13:e0195960 (2018). PubMed: 29677207
- Li J et al. Inhibition of insulin/PI3K/AKT signaling decreases adipose Sortilin 1 in mice and 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis 1863:2924-2933 (2017). PubMed: 28844948
- Mano Y et al. Correlation between biological marker expression and fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose uptake in hepatocellular carcinoma. Am J Clin Pathol 142:391-7 (2014). Human . PubMed: 25125631
- Karim S et al. Dysregulated hepatic expression of glucose transporters in chronic disease: contribution of semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase to hepatic glucose uptake. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 307:G1180-90 (2014). PubMed: 25342050
- Mattmiller SA et al. Glucose transporter and hypoxia-associated gene expression in the mammary gland of transition dairy cattle. J Dairy Sci 94:2912-22 (2011). PubMed: 21605761