Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GLUT5
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-GLUT5 antibody
See all GLUT5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GLUT5
SpecificityDoes not react with GLUT1, 2, 3 or 4 from human, mouse or rat.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat
General notesConcentration is approximately 5 mg/ml.
Previously labelled as Glucose Transporter 5 GLUT5.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.05% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36057 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||1/50 - 1/200.|
|WB||1/150 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCytochalasin B-sensitive carrier. Seems to function primarily as a fructose transporter.
Tissue specificityExpressed in small intestine, and at much lower levels in kidney, skeletal muscle, and adipose tissue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Sugar transporter (TC 2.A.1.1) family. Glucose transporter subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- Facilitated glucose transporter member 5 antibody
- Fructose transporter antibody
- Glucose transporte, kidney antibody
ab36057 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Jin C et al. GLUT5 increases fructose utilization in ovarian cancer. Onco Targets Ther 12:5425-5436 (2019). PubMed: 31371983
- Merigo F et al. Glucose transporter expression in the human colon. World J Gastroenterol 24:775-793 (2018). PubMed: 29467549
- Medina Villaamil V et al. Fructose transporter GLUT5 expression in clear renal cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep 25:315-23 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 21165569
- Engelson EJ et al. An Essential Farnesylated Kinesin in Trypanosoma brucei. PLoS One 6:e26508 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22073170
- Gowrishankar G et al. GLUT 5 is not over-expressed in breast cancer cells and patient breast cancer tissues. PLoS One 6:e26902 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22073218
- Polito A et al. Hyperglycaemia and apoptosis of microglial cells in human septic shock. Crit Care 15:R131 (2011). PubMed: 21612615