Product nameAnti-GLUT5 antibody
See all GLUT5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GLUT5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Dot blot, ELISA, WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to GLUT5 (C terminal).
(Peptide available as
- The antibody labels glucose transporter (Glut 5) species from rat jejunal enterocyte basolateral membranes, PC12 cells and rat kidney cortical membranes.
Previously labelled as Glucose Transporter 5 GLUT5.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferAntibodies are supplied in antibody stabilization buffer with preservatives.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesIsolated on antigen-sepharose affinity column.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41533 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa.Can be blocked with GLUT5 peptide (ab171722).|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
FunctionCytochalasin B-sensitive carrier. Seems to function primarily as a fructose transporter.
Tissue specificityExpressed in small intestine, and at much lower levels in kidney, skeletal muscle, and adipose tissue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Sugar transporter (TC 2.A.1.1) family. Glucose transporter subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- Facilitated glucose transporter member 5 antibody
- Fructose transporter antibody
- Glucose transporte, kidney antibody
Anti-GLUT5 antibody (ab41533) at 1 µg/ml + Human small intestine tissue lysate - total protein (ab29276) at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa
Additional bands at: 25 kDa, 71 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhang X et al. Reactive oxygen species-induced TXNIP drives fructose-mediated hepatic inflammation and lipid accumulation through NLRP3 inflammasome activation. Antioxid Redox Signal 22:848-70 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 25602171) »
- Gonzalo-Gobernado R et al. Neuroprotective activity of peripherally administered liver growth factor in a rat model of Parkinson's disease. PLoS One 8:e67771 (2013). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23861803) »