Product nameAnti-Glutamate Transporter 1 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glutamate Transporter 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Human
A 16 residue synthetic peptide derived from the C terminal domain of Rat glutamate transporter 1.
- WB: Extracts from rat and mouse brains.
Storage instructionsAvoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106289 in the following tested applications.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/200 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/200.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceThis is essential for the terminating of the postsynaptic action of glutamate by rapidly removing released glutamate from the synaptic cleft. Acts as a symport by cotransporting sodium.
- EAAT2 antibody
- Excitatory amino acid transporter 2 antibody
- GLT-1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Glutamate Transporter 1 antibody (ab106289) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Protein extract from rat brain
Lane 2 : Protein extract from mouse brain
Predicted band size: 62 kDa
Lane 3 shows inhibition of the immunoreactivity of ab106289 with blocking peptide.
Glutamate Transporter 1 protein is detected at 35 kDa and 70 kDa as a dimer.
ab106289 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Sanches EF et al. Brain Metabolism Alterations Induced by Pregnancy Swimming Decreases Neurological Impairments Following Neonatal Hypoxia-Ischemia in Very Immature Rats. Front Neurol 9:480 (2018). PubMed: 29988536
- Sun H et al. A Purinergic P2 Receptor Family-Mediated Increase in Thrombospondin-1 Bolsters Synaptic Density and Epileptic Seizure Activity in the Amygdala-Kindling Rat Model. Front Cell Neurosci 12:302 (2018). PubMed: 30386206
- Lakatos A et al. Integrated analysis of genetic, behavioral, and biochemical data implicates neural stem cell-induced changes in immunity, neurotransmission and mitochondrial function in Dementia with Lewy Body mice. Acta Neuropathol Commun 5:21 (2017). PubMed: 28283027
- Dai J et al. Alterations in AQP4 expression and polarization in the course of motor neuron degeneration in SOD1G93A mice. Mol Med Rep 16:1739-1746 (2017). PubMed: 28627708
- Shi J et al. Involvement of spinal glutamate transporter-1 in the development of mechanical allodynia and hyperalgesia associated with type 2 diabetes. J Pain Res 9:1121-1129 (2016). PubMed: 27932896