Product nameGlutamine Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue
Assay time0h 90m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
Glutamine Assay kit (Colorimetric) ab197011 is a simple and sensitive assay that detects the biologically relevant concentrations of glutamine in biological fluids and tissues.
The glutamine assay protocol is based on the hydrolysis of Glutamine to Glutamate producing a stable colored signal (OD 450 nm), which is directly proportional to the amount of glutamine in the sample.
The assay can detect as little as 25 μM of glutamine in a variety of biological samples.
Glutamine assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add hydrolysis mix and incubate for 30 min
- add reaction mix and incubate for 60 min
- analyze with a microplate reader.
Previously called Glutamine Detection Assay Kit (Colorimetric).
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Developer 1 vial Development Buffer 1 x 25ml Development Enzyme Mix (lyophilized) Green 1 vial Glutamine Standard 1 vial Hydrolysis Buffer NM 1 x 25ml Hydrolysis Enzyme Mix 1 vial
RelevanceGlutamine (abbreviated as Gln or Q; the abbreviation Glx or Z represents either glutamine or glutamic acid) is one of the 20 amino acids encoded by the standard genetic code. Its side chain is an amide formed by replacing the side-chain hydroxyl of glutamic acid with an amine functional group. It can therefore be considered the amide of glutamic acid. Its codons are CAA and CAG. Recent studies have proven its effectiveness in anabolic muscle growth from prolonged consumption.
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhang L et al. PK-M2-mediated metabolic changes in breast cancer cells induced by ionizing radiation. Breast Cancer Res Treat 178:75-86 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 31372790) »
- Zhang K et al. miR-9 regulates ferroptosis by targeting glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase GOT1 in melanoma. Mol Carcinog N/A:N/A (2018). Read more (PubMed: 30035324) »