Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Glutamine Synthetase
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB, In-Cell ELISA, IHC-FoFr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Glutamine Synthetase antibody
See all Glutamine Synthetase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glutamine Synthetase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB, In-Cell ELISA, IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Cow, Dog, Chimpanzee, Ferret, Zebrafish
Recombinant full length protein purified from E.coli (Human).
- Mouse and Rat brain extract. Mouse liver extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: HEPES, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.01% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16802 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
|In-Cell ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionThis enzyme has 2 functions: it catalyzes the production of glutamine and 4-aminobutanoate (gamma-aminobutyric acid, GABA), the latter in a pyridoxal phosphate-independent manner (By similarity). Essential for proliferation of fetal skin fibroblasts.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GLUL are the cause of congenital systemic glutamine deficiency (CSGD) [MIM:610015]. CSGD is a rare developmental disorder with severe brain malformation resulting in multi-organ failure and neonatal death. Glutamine is largely absent from affected patients serum, urine and cerebrospinal fluid.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutamine synthetase family.
Developmental stageExpressed during early fetal stages.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Mitochondrion.
- Information by UniProt
- cell proliferation-inducing protein 59 antibody
- Cgl2214 antibody
- GLNA antibody
ab16802 at a 1/2000 dilution staining approx. 42kDa Glutamine synthetase in 1) 293T cell lysate transfected with Myc-Glutamine synthetase, 2) mouse brain lysate, 3) mouse liver lysate and 4) rat brain lysate by Western blot (ECL). ab16802 at a 1/2000 dilution staining approx. 42kDa Glutamine synthetase in 1) 293T cell lysate transfected with Myc-Glutamine synthetase, 2) mouse brain lysate, 3) mouse liver lysate and 4) rat brain lysate by Western blot (ECL).
Left panel shows scanned image of an amine coated plate seeded with a titration of HeLa cells and stained with different dilutions of ab16082 using In Cell ELISA support pack ab111542 and protocol. Right panel shows bar graph of normalized signal intensity in 3 different cells lines after staining with ab160802 at 1/2500 dilution. Average intra-assay coefficient of variation was calculated at 5.6% and Z score at 0.77.
HeLa cells were seeded on glass coverslips and allow to adhere overnight. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde for 15 min and washed in PBS x3. ICC procedure was carried out using In Cell ELISA support pack ab111541 and protocol. Left panel shows HeLa cells stained with ab16802 at a dilution of 1/1000, labeled with Goat anti-rabbit 594 secondary antibody and counterstain with DAPI. Right panel shows co-localization of the signal with the mitochondrial marker Anti-ATPB antibody [3D5] ab14730 (4µg/mL) labeled with Goat anti-mouse 488 secondary antibody.
ICC/IF image of ab16802 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab16802, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab16802 has been referenced in 26 publications.
- Winkler S et al. Immune-Deficient Pfp/Rag2-/- Mice Featured Higher Adipose Tissue Mass and Liver Lipid Accumulation with Growing Age than Wildtype C57BL/6N Mice. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31349725
- Subirada PV et al. Effect of Autophagy Modulators on Vascular, Glial, and Neuronal Alterations in the Oxygen-Induced Retinopathy Mouse Model. Front Cell Neurosci 13:279 (2019). PubMed: 31297049
- Sajic T et al. A new class of protein biomarkers based on subcellular distribution: application to a mouse liver cancer model. Sci Rep 9:6913 (2019). PubMed: 31061415
- Zhang Q et al. The ATP-P2X7 Signaling Pathway Participates in the Regulation of Slit1 Expression in Satellite Glial Cells. Front Cell Neurosci 13:420 (2019). PubMed: 31607866
- Tietze L et al. Assessment of the hepatocytic differentiation ability of human skin-derived ABCB5+ stem cells. Exp Cell Res 369:335-347 (2018). PubMed: 29864400