Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Glutamine Synthetase
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Glutamine Synthetase antibody
See all Glutamine Synthetase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glutamine Synthetase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Cynomolgus monkey
- WB: Rat brain whole extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Purification notesWhole antiserum is fractionated and then further purified by ion-exchange chromatography to provide the IgG fraction of antiserum that is essentially free of other rabbit serum proteins.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49873 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
FunctionThis enzyme has 2 functions: it catalyzes the production of glutamine and 4-aminobutanoate (gamma-aminobutyric acid, GABA), the latter in a pyridoxal phosphate-independent manner (By similarity). Essential for proliferation of fetal skin fibroblasts.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GLUL are the cause of congenital systemic glutamine deficiency (CSGD) [MIM:610015]. CSGD is a rare developmental disorder with severe brain malformation resulting in multi-organ failure and neonatal death. Glutamine is largely absent from affected patients serum, urine and cerebrospinal fluid.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutamine synthetase family.
Developmental stageExpressed during early fetal stages.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Mitochondrion.
- Information by UniProt
- cell proliferation-inducing protein 59 antibody
- Cgl2214 antibody
- GLNA antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-Glutamine Synthetase antibody (ab49873) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 2 : Anti-Glutamine Synthetase antibody (ab49873) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 3 : Anti-Glutamine Synthetase antibody (ab49873) at 1/20000 dilution
All lanes : Rat brain whole extract
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG-Peroxidase
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
ab49873 has been referenced in 38 publications.
- García-Bonilla M et al. Neocortical tissue recovery in severe congenital obstructive hydrocephalus after intraventricular administration of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cell Res Ther 11:121 (2020). PubMed: 32183876
- Ma R et al. Metabolic and non-metabolic liver zonation is established non-synchronously and requires sinusoidal Wnts. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32154783
- Scheidecker B et al. Induction of in vitro Metabolic Zonation in Primary Hepatocytes Requires Both Near-Physiological Oxygen Concentration and Flux. Front Bioeng Biotechnol 8:524 (2020). PubMed: 32656187
- Chen Y et al. Fine-scale visualizing the hierarchical structure of mouse biliary tree with fluorescence microscopy method. Biosci Rep 40:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32364232
- Pereiro X et al. Optimization of a Method to Isolate and Culture Adult Porcine, Rats and Mice Müller Glia in Order to Study Retinal Diseases. Front Cell Neurosci 14:7 (2020). PubMed: 32082123