Key features and details
- Sheep polyclonal to Glutathione Peroxidase 1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Glutathione Peroxidase 1 antibody
See all Glutathione Peroxidase 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionSheep polyclonal to Glutathione Peroxidase 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
ab21966 reacts with cellular glutathione peroxidase. This is a 201 amino acid selenium dependant cytoplasmic enzyme that exists as a homotetramer. This enzyme protects red blood cells and other cells from oxidative damage.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Purification notes0.2 ml filtered lyophilised serum.
Primary antibody notesab21966 reacts with cellular glutathione peroxidase. This is a 201 amino acid selenium dependant cytoplasmic enzyme that exists as a homotetramer. This enzyme protects red blood cells and other cells from oxidative damage.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21966 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/1000 - 1/20000.
Dilution depending on tissue and detection method. Antigen retrieval has been used in characterisation but may not be necessary.
FunctionProtects the hemoglobin in erythrocytes from oxidative breakdown.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutathione peroxidase family.
- Information by UniProt
- AL033363 antibody
- Cellular glutathione peroxidase antibody
- Glutathione peroxidase 1 antibody
DAB staining of microglia with GPx1S in human brain tissue. Primary antibody (1/400) secondary antibody donkey anti-sheep - biotin (1/3000) followed by Vector ABC kit.
DAB staining of microglia with GPx1S in human brain tissue. Primary antibody (1/1000) secondary antibody donkey anti-sheep - biotin (1/3000) followed by Vector ABC kit. (Oil emersion).
ab21966 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Kim IH et al. Pre-treatment with Chrysanthemum indicum Linné extract protects pyramidal neurons from transient cerebral ischemia via increasing antioxidants in the gerbil hippocampal CA1 region. Mol Med Rep 16:133-142 (2017). IHC ; Gerbil . PubMed: 28534982
- Seeher S et al. Secisbp2 is essential for embryonic development and enhances selenoprotein expression. Antioxid Redox Signal 21:835-49 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24274065
- Bansal A et al. Proteomic analysis reveals late exercise effects on cardiac remodeling following myocardial infarction. J Proteomics 73:2041-9 (2010). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 20601275
- Hrdina J et al. The gastrointestinal microbiota affects the selenium status and selenoprotein expression in mice. J Nutr Biochem 20:638-48 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 18829286
- Cejková J et al. Decreased expression of antioxidant enzymes in the conjunctival epithelium of dry eye (Sjögren's syndrome) and its possible contribution to the development of ocular surface oxidative injuries. Histol Histopathol 23:1477-83 (2008). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 18830933