Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Glutathione Peroxidase 1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Glutathione Peroxidase 1 antibody
See all Glutathione Peroxidase 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glutathione Peroxidase 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow, Pig, Chimpanzee, Macaque monkey, Orangutan
- Human brain tissue cytoplasmic lysate Human or rat glial cells Human or rat neurons Stains human and rat glial cells very strongly and shows lesser staining in neurons.
General notesStore working volume at +4°C.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59546 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/20 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/4000. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionProtects the hemoglobin in erythrocytes from oxidative breakdown.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutathione peroxidase family.
- Information by UniProt
- AL033363 antibody
- Cellular glutathione peroxidase antibody
- Glutathione peroxidase 1 antibody
Anti-Glutathione Peroxidase 1 antibody (ab59546) at 1/2000 dilution + Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Observed band size: 22 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 30 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab59546 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab59546, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab59546 staining in human normal lymphoid formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab59546, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab59546 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Lin X et al. Curcumin micelles suppress gastric tumor cell growth by upregulating ROS generation, disrupting redox equilibrium and affecting mitochondrial bioenergetics. Food Funct 11:4146-4159 (2020). PubMed: 32347864
- Zhang H et al. Dietary supplementation of l-arginine and N-carbamylglutamate enhances duodenal barrier and mitochondrial functions and suppresses duodenal inflammation and mitophagy in suckling lambs suffering from intrauterine-growth-restriction. Food Funct 11:4456-4470 (2020). PubMed: 32374309
- Shi X & Fu L Piceatannol inhibits oxidative stress through modification of Nrf2-signaling pathway in testes and attenuates spermatogenesis and steroidogenesis in rats exposed to cadmium during adulthood. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:2811-2824 (2019). PubMed: 31496657
- Gille T et al. Intermittent Hypoxia Increases the Severity of Bleomycin-Induced Lung Injury in Mice. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2018:1240192 (2018). PubMed: 29725493
- Shin EJ et al. Genetic overexpression of glutathione peroxidase-1 attenuates microcystin-leucine-arginine-induced memory impairment in mice. Neurochem Int 118:152-165 (2018). PubMed: 29908255