Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3311] to Glutathione Peroxidase 1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Glutathione Peroxidase 1 antibody [EPR3311]
See all Glutathione Peroxidase 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3311] to Glutathione Peroxidase 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide. within Human Glutathione Peroxidase 1 aa 1-100 (internal sequence). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P07203
- Human fetal liver, SH SY5Y, and THP1 cell lysates; Human breast carcinoma tissue.
Mouse: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with this species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108429 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Antigen retrieval is recommended.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionProtects the hemoglobin in erythrocytes from oxidative breakdown.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutathione peroxidase family.
- Information by UniProt
- AL033363 antibody
- Cellular glutathione peroxidase antibody
- Glutathione peroxidase 1 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: GPX1 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: THP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HL60 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 and 2: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab108429, observed at 22 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab108429 was shown to specifically react with Glutathione Peroxidase 1 in wild-type HAP1 cells. No band was observed when Glutathione Peroxidase 1 knockout samples were examined. Wild-type and Glutathione Peroxidase 1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab108429 and ab8245 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted 1/1000 and 1/2000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Flow Cytometry analysis of THP-1 (human acute monocytic leukemia ) cells labeling Glutathione Peroxidase 1 with purified ab108429 at 1:250 dilution(10ug/ml) (red). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 90% methanol. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488)(ab150077)(1:2000 dilution) was used as the secondary antibody. Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black)(ab172730) was used as the isotype control, Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue) were used as the unlabeled control.
All lanes : Anti-Glutathione Peroxidase 1 antibody [EPR3311] (ab108429) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal liver lysate
Lane 2 : SH SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 3 : THP1 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
ab108429, at 1/100 dilution, staining Glutathione Peroxidase 1 in paraffin-embedded Human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab108429 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Vindry C et al. A Versatile Strategy to Reduce UGA-Selenocysteine Recoding Efficiency of the Ribosome Using CRISPR-Cas9-Viral-Like-Particles Targeting Selenocysteine-tRNA[Ser]Sec Gene. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31212706
- Sonet J et al. Selenized Plant Oil Is an Efficient Source of Selenium for Selenoprotein Biosynthesis in Human Cell Lines. Nutrients 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31277500
- Jin L et al. The PLAG1-GDH1 Axis Promotes Anoikis Resistance and Tumor Metastasis through CamKK2-AMPK Signaling in LKB1-Deficient Lung Cancer. Mol Cell 69:87-99.e7 (2018). PubMed: 29249655
- Meimaridou E et al. NNT is a key regulator of adrenal redox homeostasis and steroidogenesis in male mice. J Endocrinol 236:13-28 (2018). PubMed: 29046340
- Sonet J et al. Comparison of analytical methods using enzymatic activity, immunoaffinity and selenium-specific mass spectrometric detection for the quantitation of glutathione peroxidase 1. Anal Chim Acta 1011:11-19 (2018). PubMed: 29475480
- Touat-Hamici Z et al. Selenium-regulated hierarchy of human selenoproteome in cancerous and immortalized cells lines. Biochim Biophys Acta N/A:N/A (2018). Human . PubMed: 29660373
- Chaisiriwong L et al. A Case-Control Study of Involvement of Oxidative DNA Damage and Alteration of Antioxidant Defense System in Patients with Basal Cell Carcinoma: Modulation by Tumor Removal. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2016:5934024 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 27057281
- Baqader NO et al. Nuclear cytoplasmic trafficking of proteins is a major response of human fibroblasts to oxidative stress. J Proteome Res 13:4398-423 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25133973