Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 antibody
See all Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Dog, Pig, Monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 aa 126-190.
- Recombinant Human Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 protein (ab116151) can be used as a positive control in WB. HepG2 whole cell lysate; Human gastric carcinoma and Mouse muscle tissues.
This product was previously labelled as Glutathione Peroxidase 2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137431 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Suggested antigen retrieval using heat mediated 10mM Citrate buffer (pH6.0) or Tris-EDTA buffer (pH8.0).|
|IP||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionCould play a major role in protecting mammals from the toxicity of ingested organic hydroperoxides. Tert-butyl hydroperoxide, cumene hydroperoxide and linoleic acid hydroperoxide but not phosphatidycholine hydroperoxide, can act as acceptors.
Tissue specificityMostly in liver and gastrointestinal tract, not found in heart or kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutathione peroxidase family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Mainly cytoplasmic.
- Information by UniProt
- Gastrointestinal glutathione peroxidase antibody
- GI GPx antibody
- Glutathione peroxidase 2 (gastrointestinal) antibody
Immunoprecipitation of Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 protein from HepG2 whole cell extracts using 5 μg of ab137431.
Western blot analysis was performed using ab137431.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human gastric carcinoma tissue labelling Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 with ab137431 at 1/500 dilution.
Anti-Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 antibody (ab137431) at 1/1000 dilution + HepG2 whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
12% SDS PAGE
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Mouse muscle tissue labelling Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 with ab137431 at 1/500 dilution.
ab137431 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Wall SB et al. Thioredoxin Reductase-1 Inhibition Augments Endogenous Glutathione-Dependent Antioxidant Responses in Experimental Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:7945983 (2019). PubMed: 30805084
- Yu H et al. Size and temporal-dependent efficacy of oltipraz-loaded PLGA nanoparticles for treatment of acute kidney injury and fibrosis. Biomaterials 219:119368 (2019). PubMed: 31349200
- Hashimoto-Hachiya A et al. Antioxidants cinnamaldehyde and Galactomyces fermentation filtrate downregulate senescence marker CDKN2A/p16INK4A via NRF2 activation in keratinocytes. J Dermatol Sci 96:53-56 (2019). PubMed: 31606066
- Xu L et al. Ebselen suppresses inflammation induced by Helicobacter pylori lipopolysaccharide via the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 17:6847-6851 (2018). PubMed: 29488609
- Tindell R et al. Selenium supplementation of lung epithelial cells enhances nuclear factor E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) activation following thioredoxin reductase inhibition. Redox Biol 19:331-338 (2018). PubMed: 30212802
- Wang Q et al. Resistant starch prevents tumorigenesis of dimethylhydrazine-induced colon tumors via regulation of an ER stress-mediated mitochondrial apoptosis pathway. Int J Mol Med 41:1887-1898 (2018). PubMed: 29393371
- Takagi T et al. Elevated ER stress exacerbates dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in PRDX4-knockout mice. Free Radic Biol Med 134:153-164 (2018). PubMed: 30578917
- Kunwar A & Haston CK Basal levels of glutathione peroxidase correlate with onset of radiation induced lung disease in inbred mouse strains. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 307:L597-604 (2014). PubMed: 25150064