Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR8175(2)] to Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 antibody [EPR8175(2)]
See all Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8175(2)] to Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 aa 150-250 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human colon cancer and stomach lysates; Human colon tissue.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product was previously labelled as Glutathione Peroxidase 2
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab140130 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCould play a major role in protecting mammals from the toxicity of ingested organic hydroperoxides. Tert-butyl hydroperoxide, cumene hydroperoxide and linoleic acid hydroperoxide but not phosphatidycholine hydroperoxide, can act as acceptors.
Tissue specificityMostly in liver and gastrointestinal tract, not found in heart or kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutathione peroxidase family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Mainly cytoplasmic.
- Information by UniProt
- Gastrointestinal glutathione peroxidase antibody
- GI GPx antibody
- Glutathione peroxidase 2 (gastrointestinal) antibody
All lanes : Anti-Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 antibody [EPR8175(2)] (ab140130) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human colon cancer lysate
Lane 2 : Human stomach lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human colon tissue labelling Glutathione Peroxidase 2/GPX2 with ab140130 at 1/100 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab140130 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Wang Y et al. GPX2 suppression of H2O2 stress regulates cervical cancer metastasis and apoptosis via activation of the ß-catenin-WNT pathway. Onco Targets Ther 12:6639-6651 (2019). PubMed: 31695405
- Touat-Hamici Z et al. Selenium-regulated hierarchy of human selenoproteome in cancerous and immortalized cells lines. Biochim Biophys Acta N/A:N/A (2018). Human . PubMed: 29660373
- Geraghty P et al. Glutathione Peroxidase-1 Suppresses the Unfolded Protein Response upon Cigarette Smoke Exposure. Mediators Inflamm 2016:9461289 (2016). PubMed: 28070146