Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Glutathione Peroxidase 3/GPx-3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Glutathione Peroxidase 3/GPx-3 antibody
See all Glutathione Peroxidase 3/GPx-3 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Glutathione Peroxidase 3/GPx-3
ab59524 may crossreact with epididymis-specific Glutathione peroxidase 5 (GPX5) and olfactory epithelium-speciific Glutathione peroxidase 6 (GPX6).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Pig
Predicted to work with: Cow, Dog, Human
- ICC: Porcin Kidney tissue. WB: Mouse Heart lysate.
Previously labelled as Glutathione Peroxidase 3.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab59524 is purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59524 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 28 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
FunctionProtects cells and enzymes from oxidative damage, by catalyzing the reduction of hydrogen peroxide, lipid peroxides and organic hydroperoxide, by glutathione.
Tissue specificitySecreted in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutathione peroxidase family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Information by UniProt
- Extracellular glutathione peroxidase antibody
- Glutathione peroxidase 3 (plasma) antibody
- Glutathione peroxidase 3 antibody
ab59524 (20µg/ml) staining of PFA-perfused cryosection of Porcin Kidney following microwave antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 3 and CY3-staining showing vesicular staining of the cytoplasm in PCT epithelial cells.
Anti-Glutathione Peroxidase 3/GPx-3 antibody (ab59524) at 1 µg/ml + Mouse Heart lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 28 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Detected by chemiluminescence
ab59524 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- de Carvalho TS et al. Moderate Protein Restriction Protects Against Focal Cerebral Ischemia in Mice by Mechanisms Involving Anti-inflammatory and Anti-oxidant Responses. Mol Neurobiol 56:8477-8488 (2019). PubMed: 31257559
- Civantos E et al. Sitagliptin ameliorates oxidative stress in experimental diabetic nephropathy by diminishing the miR-200a/Keap-1/Nrf2 antioxidant pathway. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 10:207-222 (2017). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 28652790
- Lubieniecka JM et al. Biomarkers for severity of spinal cord injury in the cerebrospinal fluid of rats. PLoS One 6:e19247 (2011). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 21559420