Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1H11] to Glutathione Peroxidase 4
- Suitable for: IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Glutathione Peroxidase 4 antibody [1H11]
See all Glutathione Peroxidase 4 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1H11] to Glutathione Peroxidase 4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein purified from E.coli (Human).
- HL60 cell lysate
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: HEPES, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.01% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from TCS
Light chain typekappa
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16739 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.
FunctionProtects cells against membrane lipid peroxidation and cell death. Required for normal sperm development and male fertility. Could play a major role in protecting mammals from the toxicity of ingested lipid hydroperoxides. Essential for embryonic development. Protects from radiation and oxidative damage.
Tissue specificityPresent primarily in testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutathione peroxidase family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- Glutathione peroxidase 4 antibody
- GPX 4 antibody
- GPX-4 antibody
Ladder M.W(kDa): 7, 17, 25, 30, 46, 58, 80, 175
All lanes :
Lane 1 : 239T Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Precipitated from 239T Cell Lysate (using 2 ug ab16739) at 200 µg
Lane 3 : Precipitated from 239T Cell Lysate (using 5 ug ab16739) at 200 µg
Lane 4 : Precipitated from PBS (using 5 ug ab16739)
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/5000 dilution
Ab16739 at a concentration of 1µg/ml lysate immunoprecipitating approx. 22kDa Glutathione peroxidase 4 from HL60 cell lysate (lane 2). Ab16800 was used to stain the Western blot. Lane 1) contains non-immunoprecipitated HL60 cell lysate.
ab16739 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Guo S et al. TRIB2 modulates proteasome function to reduce ubiquitin stability and protect liver cancer cells against oxidative stress. Cell Death Dis 12:42 (2021). PubMed: 33414446
- Yang L et al. Broad Spectrum Deubiquitinase Inhibition Induces Both Apoptosis and Ferroptosis in Cancer Cells. Front Oncol 10:949 (2020). PubMed: 32596160