Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Glutathione Peroxidase 4
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Glutathione Peroxidase 4 antibody
See all Glutathione Peroxidase 4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glutathione Peroxidase 4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Glutathione Peroxidase 4 aa 150 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- ab41787 gave a positive signal in the following human tissue lysates: Brain, Testis, Heart, Skeletal Muscle, Kidney, Colon, Liver, Small Intestine (data not shown for Liver and Small Intestine).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41787 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).
Blocking: we recommend using 3% milk block for 1 hour at room temperature. This step may need to be optimized for your experiments.
FunctionProtects cells against membrane lipid peroxidation and cell death. Required for normal sperm development and male fertility. Could play a major role in protecting mammals from the toxicity of ingested lipid hydroperoxides. Essential for embryonic development. Protects from radiation and oxidative damage.
Tissue specificityPresent primarily in testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutathione peroxidase family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- Glutathione peroxidase 4 antibody
- GPX 4 antibody
- GPX-4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Glutathione Peroxidase 4 antibody (ab41787) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Human testis tissue lysate - total protein (ab30257)
Lane 3 : Human heart tissue lysate - total protein (ab29431)
Lane 4 : Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate - total protein (ab29330)
Lane 5 : Human kidney tissue lysate - total protein (ab30203)
Lane 6 : Human colon tissue lysate - total protein (ab30051)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 22 kDa
Additional bands at: 27 kDa, 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab41787 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Weigand I et al. Active steroid hormone synthesis renders adrenocortical cells highly susceptible to type II ferroptosis induction. Cell Death Dis 11:192 (2020). PubMed: 32184394
- Li M et al. Metal ion-responsive nanocarrier derived from phosphonated calixarenes for delivering dauricine specifically to sites of brain injury in a mouse model of intracerebral hemorrhage. J Nanobiotechnology 18:61 (2020). PubMed: 32306970
- Zou Y et al. A GPX4-dependent cancer cell state underlies the clear-cell morphology and confers sensitivity to ferroptosis. Nat Commun 10:1617 (2019). PubMed: 30962421
- Lang X et al. Radiotherapy and Immunotherapy Promote Tumoral Lipid Oxidation and Ferroptosis via Synergistic Repression of SLC7A11. Cancer Discov 9:1673-1685 (2019). PubMed: 31554642
- Alborzinia H et al. Golgi stress mediates redox imbalance and ferroptosis in human cells. Commun Biol 1:210 (2018). PubMed: 30511023