Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Glutathione Synthetase
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Glutathione Synthetase antibody
See all Glutathione Synthetase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glutathione Synthetase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
KLH conjugated synthetic peptide selected from the C terminal region of Human Glutathione Synthetase.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91591 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
PathwaySulfur metabolism; glutathione biosynthesis; glutathione from L-cysteine and L-glutamate: step 2/2.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GSS are the cause of glutathione synthetase deficiency (GSS deficiency) [MIM:266130]; also known as 5-oxoprolinuria or pyroglutamic aciduria. It is a severe form characterized by an increased rate of hemolysis and defective function of the central nervous system.
Defects in GSS are the cause of glutathione synthetase deficiency of erythrocytes (GLUSYNDE)[MIM:231900]. Glutathione synthetase deficiency of erythrocytes is a mild form causing hemolytic anemia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eukaryotic GSH synthase family.
- Information by UniProt
- epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 64p antibody
- epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 88n antibody
- Glutathione synthase antibody
ab91591 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Booty LM et al. Selective Disruption of Mitochondrial Thiol Redox State in Cells and In Vivo. Cell Chem Biol 26:449-461.e8 (2019). PubMed: 30713096
- Hughey CC et al. Dysregulated transmethylation leading to hepatocellular carcinoma compromises redox homeostasis and glucose formation. Mol Metab 23:1-13 (2019). PubMed: 30850319
- Lv W et al. Schwann Cell Plasticity is Regulated by a Weakened Intrinsic Antioxidant Defense System in Acute Peripheral Nerve Injury. Neuroscience 382:1-13 (2018). PubMed: 29684504
- Choi WG et al. eIF2a phosphorylation is required to prevent hepatocyte death and liver fibrosis in mice challenged with a high fructose diet. Nutr Metab (Lond) 14:48 (2017). PubMed: 28781602
- Bonaterra GA et al. Cytoprotection by omega-3 fatty acids as a therapeutic drug vehicle when combined with nephrotoxic drugs in an intravenous emulsion: Effects on intraglomerular mesangial cells. Toxicol Rep 1:843-857 (2014). PubMed: 28962296
- Scheving R et al. Protein S-nitrosylation and denitrosylation in the mouse spinal cord upon injury of the sciatic nerve. J Proteomics 75:3987-4004 (2012). WB, ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 22588120