Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6563] to Glutathione Synthetase
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Glutathione Synthetase antibody [EPR6563]
See all Glutathione Synthetase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6563] to Glutathione Synthetase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Glutathione Synthetase aa 350-450 (internal sequence). The exact sequence is proprietary.
(Peptide available as
- 293T, HeLa and HT-1080 cell lysates; Human colon tissue
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 2.74 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133592 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/1000.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
PathwaySulfur metabolism; glutathione biosynthesis; glutathione from L-cysteine and L-glutamate: step 2/2.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GSS are the cause of glutathione synthetase deficiency (GSS deficiency) [MIM:266130]; also known as 5-oxoprolinuria or pyroglutamic aciduria. It is a severe form characterized by an increased rate of hemolysis and defective function of the central nervous system.
Defects in GSS are the cause of glutathione synthetase deficiency of erythrocytes (GLUSYNDE)[MIM:231900]. Glutathione synthetase deficiency of erythrocytes is a mild form causing hemolytic anemia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eukaryotic GSH synthase family.
- Information by UniProt
- epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 64p antibody
- epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 88n antibody
- Glutathione synthase antibody
All lanes : Anti-Glutathione Synthetase antibody [EPR6563] (ab133592) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : HT-1080 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled Goat anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Overlay histogram showing Jurkat cells stained with ab133592 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/ and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab133592, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human colon tissue labelling Glutathione Synthetase with ab133592 at 1/50 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab133592 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Brown IAM & Gulbransen BD The antioxidant glutathione protects against enteric neuron death in situ, but its depletion is protective during colitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 314:G39-G52 (2018). PubMed: 28882823
- Liu CW et al. Histone Methyltransferase G9a Drives Chemotherapy Resistance by Regulating the Glutamate-Cysteine Ligase Catalytic Subunit in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Mol Cancer Ther 16:1421-1434 (2017). PubMed: 28265008