Product nameGlycerol Mounting Medium - Anti-Fade with DAPI
Glycerol Mounting Medium with DAPI is an aqueous anti-fade mounting medium containing DABCO for preserving fluorescence of tissue and cell smears. This unique formula prevents rapid photobleaching of FITC, Texas Red, AMCA, Cy2, Cy3, Cy5, Alexa fluoro 488, Alexa fluoro 594, Green fluorescent protein (GFP), tetramethyly rhodamine, Redox. Fluorescence is retained during prolonged storage at 4ºC in the dark.
Previously called GLYCEROL MOUNTING Medium With DAPI and DABCO™
This mounting medium is fortified with DAPI which is a counter-stain for DNA. This product is to be used in situ hybridization techniques or other methods where fluorescence of DNA staining is required. DAPI excites at 360nm and emits at 460nm, producing a blue fluorescence. RNA is also stained with DAPI.
Not recommended for phycoethyrin (PE), phycocyanin (PC) and allophycocyanin (APC).
Mounting media products
For fluorescent cell and tissue staining, Abcam recommends aqueous, anti-fade Fluorescence Mounting Medium ab104135, Mounting Medium with DAPI ab104139, and Mounting Medium with PI ab104129. For thick sections or tissues containing lots of fat, we recommend this product Glycerol Mounting Medium with DAPI ab188804.
Dehydration of Specimen is not required.
1. Bring the vial to room temperature.
2. Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
3. Apply 1-2 drops of mounting medium directly; cover slip carefully avoiding air bubbles.
4. The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope.
5. One can seal the edges of cover slip with nail polish or any organic medium.
6. Method for applying Coverslip: Put 1-2 drops of Mounting medium on the specimen. After 3-4 minutes apply coverslip carefully avoiding air bubbles. Put Kimwipes on the top of coverslip, press gently to remove excess mounting medium. With 200 micropipette add organic mounting medium to seal the edges.
7. For storage it is recommended that the slide be stored in the dark at 2-8oC.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab188804 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Laudani S et al. Effect of a Bone Marrow-Derived Extracellular Matrix on Cell Adhesion and Neural Induction of Dental Pulp Stem Cells. Front Cell Dev Biol 8:100 (2020). PubMed: 32211401
- Liskiewicz A et al. Physical activity reduces anxiety and regulates brain fatty acid synthesis. Mol Brain 13:62 (2020). PubMed: 32303271
- Bonaventura G et al. Ag-NPs induce apoptosis, mitochondrial damages and MT3/OSGIN2 expression changes in an in vitro model of human dental-pulp-stem-cells-derived neurons. Neurotoxicology 67:84-93 (2018). PubMed: 29698629
- Subramani B et al. Impaired redox environment modulates cardiogenic and ion-channel gene expression in cardiac-resident and non-resident mesenchymal stem cells. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 242:645-656 (2017). PubMed: 28092181
- Lean QY et al. Orally Administered Enoxaparin Ameliorates Acute Colitis by Reducing Macrophage-Associated Inflammatory Responses. PLoS One 10:e0134259 (2015). IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 26218284