Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP817Y] to Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 antibody [EP817Y]
See all Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP817Y] to Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 aa 700-800 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035), HEK293 cell lysate. IF: HeLa cells. Flow Cyt: HEK293
This product was previously labelled as Glycogen synthase 1
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
KO cell lines
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40810 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
|Flow Cyt||1/50 - 1/1000.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionTransfers the glycosyl residue from UDP-Glc to the non-reducing end of alpha-1,4-glucan.
PathwayGlycan biosynthesis; glycogen biosynthesis.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in GYS1 are the cause of muscle glycogen storage disease type 0 (GSD0b) [MIM:611556]; also known as muscle glycogen synthase deficiency. GSD0b is a metabolic disorder characterized by fasting hypoglycemia presenting in infancy or early childhood. The role of muscle glycogen is to provide critical energy during bursts of activity and sustained muscle work.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyltransferase 3 family.
- Information by UniProt
- Glycogen [starch] synthase antibody
- Glycogen synthase 1 (muscle) antibody
- Glycogen synthase 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 antibody [EP817Y] (ab40810) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HeLa lysate
Lane 2 : Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 knockout HeLa lysate
Lane 3 : HEK-293 lysate
Lane 4 : Daudi lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 81 kDa
Lanes 1-4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab40810 observed at 80 kDa. Red - loading control ab8245 observed at 37 kDa.
ab40810 Recombinant Anti-Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 antibody [EP817Y] was shown to specifically react with Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 in wild-type HeLa cells. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab265388 (knockout cell lysate ab257462) was used. Wild-type and Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab40810 and Anti-GAPDH antibody [6C5] - Loading Control (ab8245) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 in 10000 dilution and 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Anti-Glycogen synthase 1/GYS1 antibody [EP817Y] (ab40810) at 1/50000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 81 kDa
Observed band size: 85 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab40810 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab40810, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab40810 at a 1:250 dilution staining HeLa cells using anti-Glycogen Synthase 1/GYS1 RabMAb.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab40810 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Shen J et al. Pressure suppresses hepatocellular glycogen synthesis through activating the p53/Pten pathway. Mol Med Rep 19:5105-5114 (2019). PubMed: 31059076
- Kakhlon O et al. Guaiacol as a drug candidate for treating adult polyglucosan body disease. JCI Insight 3:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30185673
- Rubio-Villena C et al. Astrocytes: new players in progressive myoclonus epilepsy of Lafora type. Hum Mol Genet 27:1290-1300 (2018). PubMed: 29408991
- Zang Y et al. Improvement of Lipid and Glucose Metabolism by Capsiate in Palmitic Acid-Treated HepG2 Cells via Activation of the AMPK/SIRT1 Signaling Pathway. J Agric Food Chem 66:6772-6781 (2018). PubMed: 29886733
- Barker RG et al. Elevated GLUT4 and glycogenin protein abundance correspond to increased glycogen content in the soleus muscle of mdx mice with no benefit associated with taurine supplementation. Physiol Rep 6:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29484837